Rumor: Zucker's been shopped to Cgy, Pit, Arz, Vgk, Van ( Van one is worse than most proposals here lol)

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Who tweeted this and are they reliable? Edit: who is the tweet referncing and are they reliable?

If the GM actually asked for Boeser then he should be let go before he runs Minnesota into the ground

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I haven't heard the clip this tweet is referring to, but Russo mentioned on a podcast earlier in the week that Minnesota had called Vancouver about Boeser and that they weren't very receptive. I'd be surprised if the conversation was around Zucker, though.

The Marchessault thing was from earlier in the season, so Zucker's 63 points from last year were a little fresher. He said that Vegas seemed to have considered it and that it was Gallant that ultimately put the kibosh on it (it's around the 34:00 mark in the podcast).

Anyway, at a certain point he'll need to consider that his best move might just be to keep Zucker, even if it's just for another year.

Last edited:
Reactions: SupremeNachos

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Did Fenton hit his head? Or is Minnesota still nursing a one sided grudge or what? That was just brutal compared to other offers....if not Wild fans need to get rid of him if those players are considered close in value to Fenton.

Just yikes.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Dvorak, Marchessault, and Boeser? Zucker can’t have that kind of value. I still can’t believe Rutherford was going to deal Kessel for him.

Minny GM is on something haha

Reactions: Mosby

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think if there is truth to any of these, it is likely these are the first ask in a negotiation. GMs always go well above in their initial ask, just like they do in contract negotiations. I seriously doubt any GM in the Pros seriously thought they were getting Boeser for Zucker.

Trade for example:

To Detroit: 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks
To Vegas: Tomas Tatar

Imagine what the initial ask must have been if this is what they settled on.

Reactions: Myyrynen

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
This rumor aside my question for Wild fans would be has there been rumors involving any of the Dmen , or has all the rumors involving the team just been remodeling the forward group ?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This rumor aside my question for Wild fans would be has there been rumors involving any of the Dmen , or has all the rumors involving the team just been remodeling the forward group ?
Not trade rumors. There's talk about how Spurgeon's extension talks might go, but that's about it.

Fenton's not in a position to really consider anyone totally off-limits, but Zucker's the only name that's been out there lately.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think the Wild need a major change, not a small change, as they have had a good group on paper for far too long, for as little "success" as they have had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad