Rumor: Zucker's been shopped to Cgy, Pit, Arz, Vgk, Van ( Van one is worse than most proposals here lol)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
But funny enough, getting better now and probably in the future.
better than last year? sure, but we'll have a healthy Dumba and a center who can win faceoffs back, too, but i'm sure it'll be all because of Kessel.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
you never know...

i'll finish that sentence for you: ...if you're dealing with someone as out of touch with player value as Fenton.
unlikely, i'd say. Starting crazy high in asking is a cartoon cliche, not real life.

Actually my sentence was complete. :laugh: When it boils down to it I don't disagree with anything you said. But I also don't know what was said in the Zucker/Boeser discussion as far as what really was being offered beyond. Maybe something, maybe nothing? I'm going to save my Fenton bullet for when he officially trades away Zucker for crap. You almost made me a Fenton defender rynryn. Well played.

Reactions: 2Pair

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Actually my sentence was complete. :laugh: When it boils down to it I don't disagree with anything you said. But I also don't know what was said in the Zucker/Boeser discussion as far as what really was being offered beyond. Maybe something, maybe nothing? I'm going to save my Fenton bullet for when he officially trades away Zucker for crap. You almost made me a Fenton defender rynryn. Well played.

yeah i'm over-doing it on the negative bent and like i've said since he started this...Don't know what his ultimate plan is (other than what he's said about getting younger) and who knows what he's got outlined in his five-year plan. What he said was he liked out top four D and wanted to build on that, and that we needed to get younger. What the owner said is he expects to be in the playoffs, so Fenton is a little tied up as far as what he can do to do all that and i don't know how much time he has but it has to be more than a couple years, so he HAS to have a long term goal in mind where the team gets where he wants it to go. In the meantime though i'll continue to scratch my head. Hope at the end of the year it all works out well for us.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
yeah i'm over-doing it on the negative bent and like i've said since he started this...Don't know what his ultimate plan is (other than what he's said about getting younger) and who knows what he's got outlined in his five-year plan. What he said was he liked out top four D and wanted to build on that, and that we needed to get younger. What the owner said is he expects to be in the playoffs, so Fenton is a little tied up as far as what he can do to do all that and i don't know how much time he has but it has to be more than a couple years, so he HAS to have a long term goal in mind where the team gets where he wants it to go. In the meantime though i'll continue to scratch my head. Hope at the end of the year it all works out well for us.
I could be way wrong, but I think next year is largely a bridge year until 2020-21 when Kaprizov comes over. If he can shape the team into one that's good enough to make the playoffs with a Kaprizov-shaped hole on the 1st line he'll be in good shape.

I am less than convinced that he's anywhere close to that, but we'll see. Zucker for Kessel would've been a huge step in that direction though.

Reactions: 2Pair

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm perfectly fine with not making the playoffs next year if it helps us for the prime Kaprizov era as long as the team isn't gutted of its younger good potential players.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
so what's the deal with the signing bonus thing...do we have to pay that the last two seasons or are we just handing him $1m in real money? because i can see the attraction for an owner.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Signing bonuses are paid on July 1.
seems a little hinky that the signing bonus money wouldn't be paid by the signing team. just wording i'm sure. but it would have been great for an owner if we only had to pay him his base salary the last couple years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
seems a little hinky that the signing bonus money wouldn't be paid by the signing team. just wording i'm sure. but it would have been great for an owner if we only had to pay him his base salary the last couple years.

It’s a time value of money thing, and a lockout protection thing.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
lockout protection and money for the player sure, but if you structure a deal (as a gm) with signing "bonuses" it makes sense to me calling them bonuses for signing it should be the original team. player gets the money either way--i don't have any problem with that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
lockout protection and money for the player sure, but if you structure a deal (as a gm) with signing "bonuses" it makes sense to me calling them bonuses for signing it should be the original team. player gets the money either way--i don't have any problem with that.
They're not really "signing" bonuses. "roster bonus" would be the proper term

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Parise, Fiala, Donato, Zucker, Greenway, Foligno. All left wingers. Parise has a NMC. Fenton loves Fiala and both he and Donato were just traded for. Greenway would be an interesting discussion if someone would put an equal center or right winger on the table.
Wouldn't consider him as equal to Zucker at all but would there be any interest in Sutter? At least he's a right hand shot and plays centre which sounds like is a position of need.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
What would it take from New Jersey to acquire Zucker?

John Quenneville + 2019 draft 55th overall pick + 2020 4th round pick
FOR
Jason Zucker + Victor Rask

Is that fair?

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What would it take from New Jersey to acquire Zucker?

John Quenneville + 2019 draft 55th overall pick + 2019 draft 70th overall pick

Is that fair?
I don’t have an answer to the first question.

I wouldn’t accept that offer. The rumored accepted deals so far:
Frolik+1st
Kessel+Johnson for Zucker+Rask

Both nixed by NTCs I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad