Rumor: Zucker's been shopped to Cgy, Pit, Arz, Vgk, Van ( Van one is worse than most proposals here lol)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Does Paul Fenton need to learn more about the Wild roster and who Jason Zucker is before making such proposals to his colleagues?
There definitely needs to be some education going on somewhere.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Russo has reported a few times that the trade fell through on Calgary's end. He's never went into any kind of detail beyond that, but Russo absolutely hates Fenton so if there was any chance for him to blame Fenton, I think he would.

Yeah just wondering what it was. Treliving is a really good GM, and for him to be pissed, it makes me wonder what ended up happening. Oh well.

Looks like Zucker to YYC isn’t dead, even though both fanbases want it to be lol

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah just wondering what it was. Treliving is a really good GM, and for him to be pissed, it makes me wonder what ended up happening. Oh well.

Looks like Zucker to YYC isn’t dead, even though both fanbases want it to be lol
It does make me wonder what someone could do to actually F up a trade call.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There definitely needs to be some education going on somewhere.

Uh huh.

Pretty funny to see a GM offer the same player for Michael Frolik and Brock Boeser. Wild might have a better shot being managed by the AI in NHL 19.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Uh huh.

Pretty funny to see a GM offer the same player for Michael Frolik and Brock Boeser. Wild might have a better shot being managed by the AI in NHL 19.
I get that the info's scattered over like 7 pages by now, but here's a summary:

- Russo's mentioned twice that he's heard that Fenton talked to the Canucks about Boeser: once on a podcast and once while guest-hosting a local sports radio show.
- In neither case did he say that Fenton offered Zucker for Boeser.
- On the podcast he implied it was about Boeser's RFA status.
- On the radio show he came closer to implying it, but it comes off more as rattling through stuff he's heard recently.

More importantly though, he's written two articles for the Athletic since this came up: one about the Wild's trade options and one about the failed Kessel trade. Neither of them mention Boeser, despite repeating a lot of the other stuff he's said on the podcast/radio. That's as good an indication as any of how much confidence he has in the rumor.

So, did Paul Fenton call up Vancouver and offer Jason Zucker for Brock Boeser? Probably not. And if you're going to get your info from Twitter at least stick to the blue checkmarks.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Uh huh.

Let me know when you actually see that.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Uh huh.

I’m sure Fenton knows the difference. Could have offered Treliving for Frolik plus and could have went to Benning and asked what he would have to add to get Boeser.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

- Russo's mentioned twice that he's heard that Fenton talked to the Canucks about Boeser: once on a podcast and once while guest-hosting a local sports radio show.
- On the radio show he came closer to implying it, but it comes off more as rattling through stuff he's heard recently.

More importantly though, he's written two articles for the Athletic since this came up: one about the Wild's trade options and one about the failed Kessel trade. Neither of them mention Boeser, despite repeating a lot of the other stuff he's said on the podcast/radio. That's as good an indication as any of how much confidence he has in the rumor.

So, did Paul Fenton call up Vancouver and offer Jason Zucker for Brock Boeser? Probably not.
Keep fighting the good fight.

Reactions: AKL

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if we will ever get the full story on what happened in that deal.

I’ve heard a few things, all from reliable folks.
1) the deal fell apart on Calgary’s end.
2) Fenton didn’t file paperwork to the NHL in time.
3) Frolik wasn’t keen on Minny.

Like apparently Brad Treliving was fuming after this. So it points to someone on his staff messing up, or Fenton ****ing Up royally.
Russo reported that it was from the CAL end.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There’s no way he seriously asked for Boeser. It had to be a “what would you want for Zucker? Oh Brock Boeser LOLJK”

Read

So, did Paul Fenton call up Vancouver and offer Jason Zucker for Brock Boeser? Probably not. And if you're going to get your info from Twitter at least stick to the blue checkmarks.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
I valued Zucker and Toffoli pretty similarly, so it’s legitimately nuts to see these names.

Zucker is much better than Toffoli, he plays hungrier and can score better, he’s shown it. But still, it isn’t in the same ballpark as those names. Everyone overrates Brock Boeser though it’s hilarious, the guy can’t skate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad