Injury Report: Zuccarello out indefinitely with upper body injury, per NYR (Mod Warning Post #280)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Somebody really, really needs to pick it up now.

I don't know/care who it is, but somebody.

Methinks Miller does.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
if we win the cup does zucc get his name on it and a ring? I think he's qualified, correct me if im wrong

Isn't it more than 50 games and at least 1 playoff game? His would be on there without a doubt. Even if he didn't play enough, the team can request a few extra to be engraved. That's what the Bruins did with Savard in 2011.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Stop with the tears.

Perspective guys. People get hurt. Calgary just won a round without a guy way more vital than Zucc is to the Rangers. Detroit repeated as Cup champs with Konstantinov in a wheelchair. Montreal won with Denis Savard in 1993. Pens beat the Rangers without Mario in 1992. Colorado won a CF and SCF without a prime Forsberg.

It's called depth, and rallying around a teammate.

MSL with Nash and Brassard
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

Still Cup quality.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Isn't it more than 50 games and at least 1 playoff game? His would be on there without a doubt. Even if he didn't play enough, the team can request a few extra to be engraved. That's what the Bruins did with Savard in 2011.

Yea thats what im wondering, what the requirement is

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
That would be very, very, very ballsy.

His contract ends April 30th. If Zucc news turns grim...........it might not be completely out of the question.

True but we struggled to score even with Zucc in the lineup. This may be the best chance we have to win a cup in the foreseeable future. We should take the chance to get more skill in the lineup.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That would be very, very, very ballsy.

His contract ends April 30th. If Zucc news turns grim...........it might not be completely out of the question.

That'd be an interesting phone call.

"Hey, so we know you're not too crazy about the AHL option. How about coming over and having a shot to step into the NHL in the middle of a playoff run for a favored team?"

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Nobody actually said "concussion", Brooks speculated that that's what it is.

Damn. Never-mind I just saw the replay. I guess I saw the wrong replay. That one looked bad. Didn't realize he was that shaken up.

SavedByLundqvist

Apr 30, 2013
Jersey Represent!
Here's my new thought. Who saved the season when the most important player on the team went down? Cambot.

So let's put him out there on the top line and see him work his magic again.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Damn. Never-mind I just saw the replay. I guess I saw the wrong replay. That one looked bad. Didn't realize he was that shaken up.

It's most likely a concussion. Richter took a puck to the side of the head with a goalie mask on, and not only had a skull fracture, but a very severe concussion.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
True but we struggled to score even with Zucc in the lineup. This may be the best chance we have to win a cup in the foreseeable future. We should take the chance to get more skill in the lineup.

This is an understatement.

The three teams that are our kryptonite, one didn't make the playoffs, and two of them can be eliminated tonight.

If Tampa/the Isles were to go out this round, this is it, we will NEVER EVER get a better cup chance than right now.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
It's most likely a concussion. Richter took a puck to the side of the head with a goalie mask on, and not only had a skull fracture, but a very severe concussion.

Yeah looked brutal now that I have seen the replay. He looked real shaky on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad