Injury Report: Zuccarello Fractured Hand (Update: 2/21: Will miss 2 weeks of NHL games)

AHB*

I'd prefer Miller over anyone else. He looked good his last stint in the NHL and has been tearing up the A.

Although the whole, letting him develop thing is a concern. I think it's overblown, but still.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
If this team can't overcome (1) injury there are bigger problems.

The Pens have had a huge rash of injuries. Bruins have as well.

I'm really curious what Brass and Pouliot will do, hope they find a way around this to keep up production

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
If this team can't overcome (1) injury there are bigger problems.

The Pens have had a huge rash of injuries. Bruins have as well.

Couldn't agree more. If all our playoff hopes lays in the hand of just one player, then we are really ****ed anyways. This is the time for Nash and Stepan to get their **** together and contribute regulary like they should be doing anyway. Losing Zucc for any stretch of time hurts us for sure, but it shouldn't debilitate us. But it's never convinient to lose what has been our best skater this season.

I wouldn't be opposed to bring up a youngster in the meantime if there is any who seems ready. I don't know since I don't follow Hartford almost at all. If you put Dorsett back in the lineup without calling anybody else up, I would push Moore up to the third line with Brassard and Pouliot and let Dorsett wreck hovoc from the fourth line where he belongs.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I like Dorsett in his role but he has to be the least skilled forward on our roster. It has to be Dom Moore on the third if we're not calling anyone up IMO. Not making a callup allows us to play Carcillo and Dorsett at the same time, which could have a ton of nuisance value. I've been so pleasantly surprised by Carcillo.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I like Dorsett in his role but he has to be the least skilled forward on our roster. It has to be Dom Moore on the third if we're not calling anyone up IMO. Not making a callup allows us to play Carcillo and Dorsett at the same time, which could have a ton of nuisance value. I've been so pleasantly surprised by Carcillo.
Yeah, I could see it being a nuisance.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I think even as a rookie, Fast is better suited to that kind of role than Dorsett.

Agree with that if it's October/November and you can play around a little bit. Remember, he was in the lineup for 8 games early in the season and didn't have a point.

And I'm not down on Fast, I think he'll make the squad next year. I'm just not sure if he can fill in for MZA on that line. I think Miller would be the better guy to call up.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Agree with that if it's October/November and you can play around a little bit. Remember, he was in the lineup for 8 games early in the season and didn't have a point.

And I'm not down on Fast, I think he'll make the squad next year. I'm just not sure if he can fill in for MZA on that line. I think Miller would be the better guy to call up.

He also was every bit as defensively responsible then as Dorsett has shown this year. I trust that he'd be a better asset offensively even if he wasn't racking up points. Dorsett is a black hole offensively.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Basically this blows. Rangers had 3 lines going that could be dangerous on any given night. Now we're down to two with a maybe for the third--of all the players on that line though Zucc was the best by a good margin.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If this was the scale tipper in keeping Callahan until July, Glen Sather is a bigger idiot than I thought.

+1. I could see it as a scapegoat reason for why they keep Callahan "as a rental" though.

When the real reason is playoff revenue at all costs.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hopefully they call someone up because both Dorsett and Carcillo is redundant.

Selfishly I would like to see Fast up with some offensive linemates and let him get some PP time but Miller is fine too, it's just he's a center.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Poor Brassard and Pouliut will look lost out there without Zucc on their line :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think Fast fits the style of the team we have. I don't know if he'll get points but I think he'll drive possession much better than Dorsett who isn't very good offensively at all.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brooks wrote Sather remains committed to moving Girardi and Callahan if they don't re-sign. Posner confirmed what the Rangers already knew about the hand injury to Zuccarello. The Rangers have some many players still in Sochi which has a chance of hurting their playoff chances. The Flyers have one player left in Sochi. Many of their main guys never went to Sochi. Columbus gave their Russian guys 2-3 days since they returned. The Rangers guys are due back on Monday. Off on Tuesday. Practice on Wednesday. Game Thursday.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Bummer.... I really wanted to see if he could hit 60 points this season...

He's close to a ppg since the infamous scratch, so if he wasnt injured he'd be closer to 70 than 60.. so Im confident he'll still hit at least 60 before the playoffs.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
An interview with Zucc on the Rangers Blog that i've not seen posted anywhere. Was just mentioned in Norwegian media, so hopefully its not "old news" :)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
He's close to a ppg since the infamous scratch, so if he wasnt injured he'd be closer to 70 than 60.. so Im confident he'll still hit at least 60 before the playoffs.

If he´s lucky he will miss only 5 games. Then 60 should be possible. In worst case se are talking more than 10 games.

One week today. 2 or 3 to go.....

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Tough break, but could be worse. Eg: Tavares, Zetterberg, Martin. May hurt him next contract. Jeez, we HAVE TO sign my main man Zuccha. Just not toooo much and toooo long.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hopefully they call someone up because both Dorsett and Carcillo is redundant.

Selfishly I would like to see Fast up with some offensive linemates and let him get some PP time but Miller is fine too, it's just he's a center.

Redundant yes, but I believe it would be an effective 4th with Carcillo, Dorsett, Boyle. Hey, maybe Boyle will feel free to throw his body without fear of hurting his hands of stone.

And remember, for those that want Fast, he was a part of that horrific start and I believe was a -5 in 8 games. Leave him where he is. Moore to 3rd, should be move.......even over JT.

Cally trade could change above.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Redundant yes, but I believe it would be an effective 4th with Carcillo, Dorsett, Boyle. Hey, maybe Boyle will feel free to throw his body without fear of hurting his hands of stone.

And remember, for those that want Fast, he was a part of that horrific start and I believe was a -5 in 8 games. Leave him where he is. Moore to 3rd, should be move.......even over JT.

Cally trade could change above.

He was one of the few bright spots during that horrific start.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
This is just our luck. It ****ing sucks.

Gotta wonder if Pou and Brass can keep it up without Zucc. And Nash needs to step it the **** up. He was cold and looked lost for a handful of games before the break again. Blaarrrgh.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Tough break, but could be worse. Eg: Tavares, Zetterberg, Martin. May hurt him next contract. Jeez, we HAVE TO sign my main man Zuccha. Just not toooo much and toooo long.

If a 2 week NHL injury period affects his contract then Sather needs to be forcefully retired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad