Injury Report: Zuccarello Fractured Hand (Update: 2/21: Will miss 2 weeks of NHL games)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Really don't want to play Zucc with MSL. They both drive their lines and make the lines they play on fantastic, why take away from 1 line?

Horde Force Captain

Mar 7, 2014
Really don't want to play Zucc with MSL. They both drive their lines and make the lines they play on fantastic, why take away from 1 line?

The perennial quest for this team to have a genuinely exiting first line? :laugh:

In all seriousness, I doubt this actually happens. Doesn't make me think, however, Stepan does anything much for the combination of Kreider and Nash on his wings.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
The perennial quest for this team to have a genuinely exiting first line? :laugh:

In all seriousness, I doubt this actually happens. Doesn't make me think, however, Stepan does anything much for the combination of Kreider and Nash on his wings.

I agree. I actually suggested this to my dad, to go with Kreider-Richards-St. Louis, Hagelin-Stepan-Nash, Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello, Boyle-Moore-Carcillo.

I think Hags gets rejuvenated and plays with some energy, which helps both Stepan and Nash, who currently look like they're skating in mud and lost, IMO. They need to get going.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I agree. I actually suggested this to my dad, to go with Kreider-Richards-St. Louis, Hagelin-Stepan-Nash, Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello, Boyle-Moore-Carcillo.

I think Hags gets rejuvenated and plays with some energy, which helps both Stepan and Nash, who currently look like they're skating in mud and lost, IMO. They need to get going.

This is the one year that I don't expect Hags to be rejuvenated and play with energy. He looks like a totally different player this year, probably one player whose style fit Torts way more. I think you have to make that move, I just don't know if the Stepan line will now be completely useless. Kreider hasn't been great but he's still a better player than Hags. That said I think Kreider with Richards and St. Louis will be frightening for the opposition. I bet Kreider gets back to his breakaway a game form of earlier this season.

Horde Force Captain

Mar 7, 2014

I'd go with it, but wasn't AV recently quoted as saying that he wants Kreider to play with two constant team mates?

I'm not entirely sure playing with both of the aforementioned (at the same time) has bought out the best in Kreider's game. When he played with Zucc earlier in the season it looked really good at times. Saying that, you could say the same about most playing with Zucc for quite a while now :nod:

VancouverCanuck

Vancouver's Finest
Oct 31, 2010
Vancouver
www.canucks.com
Brad Richards Finger Injury

Has anyone heard any other news aside from what's reported below? Hope its not serious.

Brad Richards required an X-ray on his finger after he was slashed by Eric Staal's stick on the opening shift of the third period in New York's 4-2 win over Carolina Friday night.
Staal wasn't penalized on the play and Richards was furious when he left the ice, but it doesn't look like the injury will cause him any issues aside from the swelling he experienced afterward. "I don't think that's going to be an issue," Richards said. "It's a bit of a stinger while it happens and, hopefully, tomorrow I wake up a little sore and move on." Mar 8 - 9:49 AM

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim

Exactly. Put Zucc back with Brassard and Pouliot. St. Louis goes with Richards.

I get wanting to spread the offense. Still, I would like to try it. Those two had three shifts together last night. They were unreal in their first shift, in their 2nd they sustained pressure and created a scoring chance. In their third did nothing special.

I'm not saying they should stay together, especially against the bigger teams but I think you need to at least try it. Pouliot and Brassard looked as good with Miller as they did with Zucc. I would like them to at least try this:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
MZA - Richards - MSL
Hagelin - Brassard - Pouliot
Boyle - Moore - Carcillo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad