Rumor: Zuccarello Close to Signing 2 or 3 Year Contract

Punxrocknyc19*

Doesnt make sense not to keep Zooks. I heard that the Canucks PP was pretty bad. We need creative players never mind guys that can score in the shootout. Zooks had 15 points in 27 games last season including playoffs.

trade Boyle Powe and Asham. resign Zucc and other RFA... let Miller and Lindberg make the Rangers. Lindberg played against men in the SEL, he should be ready to make the NHL.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
trade Boyle Powe and Asham. resign Zucc and other RFA... let Miller and Lindberg make the Rangers. Lindberg played against men in the SEL, he should be ready to make the NHL.

He will be on smaller ice, with bigger and better players. He will be in the AHL for a season..

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

I'd rather them keep Boyle if they could. I would trade Pyatt before Boyle, but I will trade him for some good value if the offer was out there. Get rid of Powe and Asham someway.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
for the Things he brings to the table night in and night out 1.4 mill is a steal...

I say if he Plays 82 games he's gonna be in the 35-42 point range...

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

For as lousy as Boyle was during this past regular season, he was one of the better post season players....when it really counts. So no, don't trade him.

We will not be getting much for Powe and Asham right now. They just cleared waivers. Might be better to wait and see how they do in camp.

No player should be allowed to make the Rangers. That's never been a good way to build a contending team. Detroit let's it's prospects toil in the AHL for years sometimes. I'm not even going to look at how many years in a row they have made the play offs. Another year in the A would not kill Miller or any Rangers prospect. Dare I say even Kreider.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
For as lousy as Boyle was during this past regular season, he was one of the better post season players....when it really counts. So no, don't trade him.

We will not be getting much for Powe and Asham right now. They just cleared waivers. Might be better to wait and see how they do in camp.

No player should be allowed to make the Rangers. That's never been a good way to build a contending team. Detroit let's it's prospects toil in the AHL for years sometimes. I'm not even going to look at how many years in a row they have made the play offs. Another year in the A would not kill Miller or any Rangers prospect. Dare I say even Kreider.

Better than Ovechkin, Nash, and Callahan actually.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
If the Rangers don't intend to sign him, I hope he can file for arbitration and force the Rangers to release his rights,no?
He is indeed eligible.

Kershaw

Jagr will go where the most cash is being offered, he will not be coming to the Rangers with their tight cap structure.

Bardof425*

He will be on smaller ice, with bigger and better players. He will be in the AHL for a season..

Don't be so sure. He's not 19. He may very well be ready and after Step and Brass we have big questions in the middle. Richie; hope he rebounds. Boyle; sucks, should be traded. Moore; hasn't played in a while.

This kid may take a job. By all accounts, which includes his performance in the World Championships, he is ready.

Bardof425*

Better than Ovechkin, Nash, and Callahan actually.

No he wasn't. Oh sorry, points tell you everything. Matchups? Assignments? Stop. Gonna be traded to some dope who thinks like you and we may actually get a good return. Let's hope.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa

After reading all opinions on him, I agree with this. Yes he played against men in the SEL, but as noted it was on a bigger ice surface, and honestly, the NHL level is higher than the SEL. I think he'll be one of the last cuts in camp, start the season in the AHL, and then have a few NHL call ups.

On the other hand, with the injuries to Cally and Hags, that might force our hand to have him start in the NHL, with the plan being on him continuing his development in the AHL, unless of course he sticks, which would be awesome, but not holding my breath.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Don't be so sure. He's not 19. He may very well be ready and after Step and Brass we have big questions in the middle. Richie; hope he rebounds. Boyle; sucks, should be traded. Moore; hasn't played in a while.

This kid may take a job. By all accounts, which includes his performance in the World Championships, he is ready.

Boyle does not suck. Torts obviously played him in places he didn't belong. He is a great PKer, faceoff man, and a perfect fourth liner or even a third liner at times.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Tough question;

Zuke for 2 years or Jagr for 1 year??

What to do?

What to do?

IMO Zucc for 2 years and it's not even that close. I love Jagr don't get me wrong, but he isn't what he was. Zucc brings creativity to the table, and good hockey vision. However, I do concur that Jags has better vision, but at this point in time, Zucc can better execute his hockey IQ.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Boyle does not suck. Torts obviously played him in places he didn't belong. He is a great PKer, faceoff man, and a perfect fourth liner or even a third liner at times.
You're willing to argue with Bardof about Brian Boyle. I commend you.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Tough question;

Zuke for 2 years or Jagr for 1 year??

What to do?

What to do?

The question is moot since we can't afford Jagr. But I'll take Zuke in either case. Younger legs. Jagr won't be effective for 82 games + playoffs.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
SEL is way better league than AHL

A league that Zucc dominated before his NHL adventure started, as many will remember.

I'm honestly not the least bit thoughtful about whether or not the RFA's will be re-signed. Afaik both Sather and even Zucc's manager have stated that they are closing on a deal. Unless you're actually in the board room looking at the contract itself, it don't get much more concise than that. Slats will work it out.

It's a good sign that no RFA's have been signed yet. Means negotiations are ongoing and that they are in their final stages (educated guess based on timeframe). I'd expect all to sign in relatively close time proximity.

Did I miss something btw ? I see many people suddenly putting the contract of Falk as a priority over Zucc, whats the reasoning behind that ?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Mats Zuccarello should not file for salary arbitration by 5pm this Wednesday. It would be the best situation for both parties.The NHL CBA raised the amount of money in walk-aways. It was $1,042,173 in the 2005 CBA. An award had to above that figure if the team wanted to walk away. Its $3.5M in the new CBA.

Jiri Hudler filed for salary arbitration in 2009 and then he decided to play in the KHL. The NHL didn't like that but the KHL said an arbitration award is not a signed contract and the two leagues had an agreement to honor the contracts. Don't know if the NHL and KHL reached an agreement on a player filing for arbitration and then signing a contract in the KHL since 2009. Detroit requested a 2 year award. Hudler was obligated to that award if he wanted to play in the NHL again. He played in the KHL in 09-10. Hudler returned to the NHL for 10-11 and played out the 2 year arbitration award with the Wings. The team can request a 1 or 2 award when the player files for arbitration. The party taken to arbitration can elect the 1 or 2 year term.

Zuccarello is 4th on the totem pole. McDonagh is first followed by Stepan and then Hagelin.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Idlerlee;68906499Did I miss something btw ? I see many people suddenly putting the contract of Falk as a priority over Zucc said:
Shiny new toy syndrome. If Falk is smart he'll sign his qualifying offer and send it back pronto. He doesn't have much leverage.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
A league that Zucc dominated before his NHL adventure started, as many will remember.

I'm honestly not the least bit thoughtful about whether or not the RFA's will be re-signed. Afaik both Sather and even Zucc's manager have stated that they are closing on a deal. Unless you're actually in the board room looking at the contract itself, it don't get much more concise than that. Slats will work it out.

It's a good sign that no RFA's have been signed yet. Means negotiations are ongoing and that they are in their final stages (educated guess based on timeframe). I'd expect all to sign in relatively close time proximity.

Did I miss something btw ? I see many people suddenly putting the contract of Falk as a priority over Zucc, whats the reasoning behind that ?

I think the size issue, is working against people's relatively short memory.
What they observed and loved back in springtime, was over a short amount of time.
As days go bye, their back of the brain say "size" "size" size" ,and suddenly the brain, has outworked their heart's :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad