Value of: Zuccarello at the draft

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Just curious if he'd be available considering the current direction of the Rangers, and what the price would be? Also - if they're not trying to win/spend to the cap next year - would they retain 50%?

I'd be interested as an Oiler fan. Let's say our 2018 2nd lands around 37th, what do we add to make it happen (@50% retention)? Or are picks not that appealing considering the Rangers already have 3 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds?

Reactions: Ori

Jan 21, 2018
HFboards will bring up repeatedly that he only has 1 more season left on his contract before he becomes a UFA.

There is a strange phenomenon here at HFBoards where a pending UFA is automatically assumed gone via free agency. Also weird that the minute he leaves Team X, fans of said team can suddenly remember every single flaw about that player.

But back to the original point, I'm guessing the "Brassard" return is the max he gets, likely less given Brassard's available for two playoff runs and I believe retained 50%, which I'm assuming the Rangers will do for Zuccarello as well.

I'll throw out a late 1st from a contending team and a "B" level prospect for Zuccarello at 50%.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Yamamoto+2nd for Zucc.
Yikes.
Probably too steep a price for us then. I won't make any comments to downplay his value, I like him a lot and think he'd be a good fit with Draisaitl, but I wouldn't do Yamamoto straight up. Perhaps we see Yamamoto in a different light?

I was hoping more along the lines of Strome + 2018 2nd. Guess I'm off a bit.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Yikes.
Probably too steep a price for us then. I won't make any comments to downplay his value, I like him a lot and think he'd be a good fit with Draisaitl, but I wouldn't do Yamamoto straight up. Perhaps we see Yamamoto in a different light?

Putting aside the question of Yamamoto, what about either player would give you the idea that Strome+2nd would be an acceptable price for Zuccarello?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Just curious if he'd be available considering the current direction of the Rangers, and what the price would be? Also - if they're not trying to win/spend to the cap next year - would they retain 50%?

I'd be interested as an Oiler fan. Let's say our 2018 2nd lands around 37th, what do we add to make it happen (@50% retention)? Or are picks not that appealing considering the Rangers already have 3 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds?

Yes, he might be available before the draft this summer with their current direction. They might retain 50% - it all depends of his return. @Roof Daddy

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I think his value is similar if not better than Tatar's.
If he was dealt at the TDL like Tatar his value would probably be greater. Now I'm not sure. I'd say a first, a B /B+prospect, and a midround pick is probably closer. If Edmonton wouldn't move Yamamoto I don't see a deal with them they have a really bare prospect pool out side of Yam

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Yikes.

Yea that's certainly off

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Our first will be worth considerably more than Zuccarello.

Yes true, but maybe 2019 1st is better for that kind of deal, because I believe that Oilers are back in the playoffs race as early as next year especially if they acquire a player of Zucc quality with so many years of playoffs experience.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm done commenting on our players values. Who the f*** knows what he is actually worth.

That said I am quite eager to see if we can get even more picks and prospects for Zucc, Namestnikov and Spooner at the draft

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Zucc is better than Nash. on a better contract. 3 years younger, so better re-sign value.

Nash got #1, #7, B prospect, third liner in Spooner

Shattenkirk rental got 1, 2, couple of B prospects. Zucc is better.

So maybe a pair of B/B+ prospects, #1 and a #2 that turns into #1 if the buying team makes the SCF for Zuccarello at 50% retained (and he's alreafy cheap).

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm done commenting on our players values. Who the **** knows what he is actually worth.

That said I am quite eager to see if we can get even more picks and prospects for Zucc, Namestnikov and Spooner at the draft

I'll be surprised if Spooner or Nami go that quickly. They're young enough to fit in if the Rangers are able to rebuild quickly. Honestly, it would be a huge mistake if the Rangers go complete scorch earth rebuild and leave Zibanjed with a bunch of rookies and plugs. It's a lot harder making it out of the hole than it seems, even with an elite player (Buffalo + Eichel) or with a crap-ton of young talent (Arizona).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad