Value of: Zuccarello at the draft

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Zucc with just one year left would be traded to a contending team. So that limits his destinations. Are diminutive playmaking wingers really that much in demand? I just can't see any team trading for him in the off season. Rangers best shot at a good return would be closer to TDL and a contender needs winger.
Look at the return for Evander Kane this TDL. It's a second rounder and tentative first if resigned.

Reactions: Ori

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
You guys can twist Zuch all you like

the value on players who get assists and fancy stats(you can ask Arizona fans how key fancy stats is to winning)

end of the day you need people who can put the brisket into the basket ---first or second passing players need someone to get the puck to because they are not pure goal scorers and their value is not as high
Jump, like others have said Zucc is a lot more than "fancy stats". He doesn't play a dominutive game. On the Rangers forum, Loffen posted a video that illustrates Zucc's game. It will give you a better idea of Zucc's game as you probably have seen him only sparingly. He is a fan favorite and plays with a huge heart. As a Ranger fan I would rather keep him. He would be a great example for younger developing players.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
????

Grabner has back 27 goal years. Are saying Zuch who got 15 and 16 goals the last two years will get more?

You clearly value shoot first players more than players that put up points.

As much as I liked Grabner as a Ranger, there's no way in hell that you're going to tell me that he has more value in that same position than Zuccarello would, with Zuccarello having 4 50+ point seasons in the past 5 seasons, including a 60 point season and 2 59 point seasons in which he missed 4 and 2 games respectively.

This is a player who has proven he can score anywhere from 55-60 points a season. I don't care if he's scored 20 goals once (he had 19 in the year he missed 4 games in 2014), he's far more valuable than Grabner and Nash.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I rather move Mika Zibanejad for now - we`ve a much better center depth in our current team and prospects - if we need additional future picks unless we hit with an impact wing player in the 2018 draft.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I rather move Mika Zibanejad for now - we`ve a much better center depth in our current team and prospects - if we need additional future picks unless we hit with an impact wing player in the 2018 draft.
We don't have center depth until some of these centers actually make the team and start contributing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Florida's first 2018 lottery proected, Adam Mascherin (2016 second rounder who won't sign with us and a 6th
I assume you mean Top 3 protected? I don't love Mascherin but I like the pick. Would probably do it.

2018 Top 3 protected. Rolls to unprotected 1st in 2019 if Florida moves up in lottery.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
????

Grabner has back 27 goal years. Are saying Zuch who got 15 and 16 goals the last two years will get more?

^ This guy! :thumbu:

There's not a GM in the NHL who thinks Grabner holds more value that Zuccarello other than basing it off current cap hit.

Reactions: haveandare

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Oilers 2018 1st (9-12) + Slepyshev for Zucc + Lightning 2018 1st (or whoever between Tampa and Boston make it further).

Reactions: Dijock94

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
????

Did you purposely neglect their point totals to justify your failed opinion?

Grabners Mother herself would tell you Zucc is undeniably the more valuable player.

I honestly can’t believe the argument you’re attempting to make here.

goats-are-like-mushrooms-if-you-shoot-a-duck-im-30170646.png

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Rangers should sign Zucc to a 4 year extension. Not make the mistake the stupid Oilers keep making. Putting no solid vet core around there young players.
The vet core is Kreider, Zibanejad, Hayes, Fast, Skjei, Buchnevich, Staal, maybe Namestnikov, maybe Kovalchuk if the rumors are true.

I love Zucc but signing him for 4 more years would be a mistake imo.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We don't have center depth until some of these centers actually make the team and start contributing.
I thought about next year deadline in 2019 when his value is better and Mika got almost a whole season to prove to us that he is not injury prone. But we don`t have much winger depth, and 2019-20 season Brett Howden is more likely nhl ready and he is a center. :)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The vet core is Kreider, Zibanejad, Hayes, Fast, Skjei, Buchnevich, Staal, maybe Namestnikov, maybe Kovalchuk if the rumors are true.

I love Zucc but signing him for 4 more years would be a mistake imo.
I think I said it somewhere before that I felt like he lost a step. When he loses it, it's going to go fast. He relies so much on his quickness to compensate for other shortcomings that I don't see him playing in the NHL past his mid thirties. I really love the guy though. I hope he has a good chance to win a cup. I hope he can go return to play in Europe for a few more years when he slows down, and I hope he can return to Norway and become the head of Norwegian Hockey for the rest of his life. He deserves good stuff. I really hope he gets it. He's been a fantastic Ranger and given everything he had for us every night for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad