Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Thank you to all who made these wonderful posts.

Zucc is the BEST player on our team. Without him, nobody get's the (few) chances that we even get now.

Greatest Ranger in the last few years. Hope Slats locks him up soon
Look I like Zucc a lot and i thibk he is an important player but i wouldnt call him the best player

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
CgoX3Hv.jpg
This is funny and deserves some love.

Well done.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
After Ovechbox 360 controller diconnected gifs will never be funny

It's too impossible to top

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I can't stop gushing over that shot. I must've watched it at least 50 times. :laugh:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
He's been by far one of our most consistent forwards all season, his emergence as not only a skill guy but a two way player makes him much more versatile and a perfect middle 6 winger.

Can't stop watching that shootout goal as well, first thing I thought of when he froze was a controller freezing on Xbox, it's happened to me countless times :laugh:

Wolfy*

He's such a smart player, and knows so many ways to put it in the net and beat a goalie. Just too bad he doesn't shoot more.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Did he ever play center? He's always Third man back anyways, developed nicley defensively and is a great passer. Would love to see him feeding a proper sniper on the wing.
We deserately need a producing 2nd center as well ,behind Stepan.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Zuccarello is only one point behind Stepan in 1 fewer games.

This is with Stepan seeing a full extra 17 minutes on the power play and 60 minutes overall. Not sure if that says more about Zucc, or Stepan.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco

This is with Stepan seeing a full extra 17 minutes on the power play and 60 minutes overall. Not sure if that says more about Zucc, or Stepan.

One problem I have with AV (Arniel) is a seeming inability to see patterns. Our PP was red-hot prior to Nash coming back. Then Nash was moved to PP1 and Zucc put down in PP2 and we suddenly stopped scoring. Zucc, like many other areas, has taken great leaps carrying the puck into the offensive zone and together with his improved play as a whole this really helped our power play.

Would have liked to see Kreider switched with Zucc on PP and while on that topic, I am still anticipating the day when we can see Zucc-Richards-Nash together on a 5v5 line.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
One problem I have with AV (Arniel) is a seeming inability to see patterns. Our PP was red-hot prior to Nash coming back. Then Nash was moved to PP1 and Zucc put down in PP2 and we suddenly stopped scoring. Zucc, like many other areas, has taken great leaps carrying the puck into the offensive zone and together with his improved play as a whole this really helped our power play.

Would have liked to see Kreider switched with Zucc on PP and while on that topic, I am still anticipating the day when we can see Zucc-Richards-Nash together on a 5v5 line.

Completely agree according the PP. It was really good a while back. Last game after 1 for 11 or something the first unit created nothing, to be replaced by a beautiful shift by the 2nd unit, and then the first unit on again after 15 seconds for the remainder. All in the same pp. Wouldn't mind seeing Richards - Zuke - Nash on a 5 v 5 either. Also think Hagelins slump to some extent must be credited poor line combos / same lack of seeing patterns. Hagelin is looking great now btw.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Zuccarello is simply a better playmaker than Stepan. Step is better on deflections and in a lot of aspects of the 5v5 hockey game, but Zuccarello has something most of the rest of our team does not on the PP... unpredictability and creativity.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

That is flat out amazing especially since in the offseason some fans said we should not even resign Zooks for 1.2 mill.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Did he ever play center? He's always Third man back anyways, developed nicley defensively and is a great passer. Would love to see him feeding a proper sniper on the wing.
We deserately need a producing 2nd center as well ,behind Stepan.

Yes. In Hartford two seasons ago when all their top centers where hurt. He did good. He's decent at faceoffs too. But I haven't double checked the stats

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Interview with Zuccarello today in NRK (Norway´s national broadcasting Company).
He states that he has played the best hockey in his career this fall, and has a lot of confidence, but obviously very dissapointed by the team´s major struggle the last weeks.

Google translate

Check out the video in the bottom. Some good clips from practice where he undresses Hank, and seems to have a lot of fun :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Can you imagine if we had waived him after 10 games and then he went to Detroit or elsewhere and started producing like this? This board would have went nuts!

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Wish you had lifted that puck little wizard man. Tho I suspect its easier said than done, since "everyone" hits the pad all the time

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can you imagine if we had waived him after 10 games and then he went to Detroit or elsewhere and started producing like this? This board would have went nuts!

It was my major concern and why I was so adamant about giving him a full season.

Fleury is one of the best ever in the shootout, as is Hank. Tough to deal with. .773 over Hank's .759. Fleury is the best to face more than 18 shots in the shootout.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The guy gives a damn. He cares. It's obvious. Wish we had ten more like him. That's why people connect with this guy.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010

Add 2 more minutes on PP, 3 and a half minutes on EQ and Zuke is one point a head. The rest is the same. And why doesn't AV / Arniel see the obvious concerning the 1st vs the second PP unit?

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Why the **** isn´t Zucc on the 1st PP-unit, and where the **** was Zucc on the 4 on 3 in OT??? Was on for like 15 seconds on that PP? :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad