Zubrus to IR; Torres put on active roster, assigned to 'Cuda

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Paul Gackle @GackleReport
#SJSharks Torres say he may have pushed his come back w/ @sjbarracuda "a little to quick" experienced a set back after 2 games on weekend

He may end up on LTIR after all...

Also, Zubrus will be activated from IR as soon as Smith either clears waivers or gets claimed.
How quick could it have been? He's had all year to rehab that knee.

Is there something beneficial to the Sharks (in terms of putting him on ltir) to have him go through the motions of playing and coming to the conclusion he's injured as opposed to just saying he's unfit to play before he "plays" on the conditioning stint?

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
A little toooo quick huh Torres? Haha it's been like 2 years of waiting, retire already.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Is there something beneficial to the Sharks (in terms of putting him on ltir) to have him go through the motions of playing and coming to the conclusion he's injured as opposed to just saying he's unfit to play before he "plays" on the conditioning stint?

He had another procedure done in December, I don't think that knee will ever be "good" again (in hockey terms).

No benefit...they had to add him to the active roster to be able to put him on IR/LTIR, maybe they just wanted to see where he was at.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Actually he has only had like 2 or 3 months to rehab the knee. He had another surgery after the season had already started.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
He had another procedure done in December, I don't think that knee will ever be "good" again (in hockey terms).

No benefit...they had to add him to the active roster to be able to put him on IR/LTIR, maybe they just wanted to see where he was at.
I can't keep track of all of his procedures now haha

My question was more, do the Sharks have to prove he was injured playing hockey to put him on ltir and get cap relief? Otherwise why not just put him on ltir right after th suspension ended?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

My question was more, do the Sharks have to prove he was injured playing hockey to put him on ltir and get cap relief? Otherwise why not just put him on ltir right after th suspension ended?

Sorta, but that would be very easy to do.

I think Torres wanted to play so they let him. Now everyone can come to the same conclusion that he's not ready to play and my guess is he likely won't be.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Because torres was and the doctors were probably saying he was good to go.

Ltir has changed recently where players can now get 2nd opinions from a doctor of there choosing if they choose to.

No team will force a player onto ltir if that player says he is healthy. That would start a huge war between the nhlpa and the nhl.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

Are you asking if the Sharks have to prove that Torres's injury was the result of him playing hockey? If so, the answer is "no". It doesn't matter how he was injured, just that he can't play hockey. You can read the requirements for LTIR on the previous page toward the end.

I think that Torres and the org hoped that he'd be able to play hockey but found out that he can't, at least yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad