Post-Game Talk: ZOOMERS CRUSH THE BOOMERS

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kakko is bad man. A bad, bad man.

Chytil's English came a really long way. Kudos to him. I can understand him perfectly now.

Preseason doesn't "matter" on the team level so much but on an individual level, it's nice to get some guys going mentally. I think Chytil is definitely one of those players.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was watching the rangers and Knicks on msg and after the Knicks it went to postgame and after the rangers it went to the Joe judge report. I'm not sure I've seen a rangers post game during preseason. I usually don't watch postgame but wanted to know if there was any news on strome.

Yeah, unless you live in Canada or Finland, hockey will never beat out other sports unfortunately.

Reactions: leetch99

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I was watching the rangers and Knicks on msg and after the Knicks it went to postgame and after the rangers it went to the Joe judge report. I'm not sure I've seen a rangers post game during preseason. I usually don't watch postgame but wanted to know if there was any news on strome.
I had to watch the postgame interviews on Youtube. Gallant said Strome is day to day.

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
Was really happy when looking at the box score where the offense came from. If these kids can take the next steps and add some consistency in their game, we are really setup for something special.

Reactions: Lua

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Great game but Laf is REALLY beginning to frustrate me. It started with that stupid ass missed passed from the other bozo Trouba. Simple righty to lefty pass that they botched and the puck went out of the zone because 2 NHLers couldn’t sync up for a simple pass.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kakko not only looks bigger but he looks a lot stronger on his skates. He also looks a little bit faster. He’s turning defensemen and menacing the goal more. He was the Rangers most dangerous player last night.

Reactions: Atax and Rongomania

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Why trade your organization's 2nd best defenseman?

I don't see Strome going anywhere. He's going to have another good season. He seems to have grown within our the organization but wonder what his next contract will look like. That was a hell of a steal by JG.

Can't wait for the season to start already. Let's go Rangers baby!

Reactions: Atax

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Piles have some real old and slow players stealing a paycheck on a decade old reputation. Parise and Chara in an 82 game season is going to be hilarious. And Sorokin is not good. For all the bagging on G, Sorokin looked much worse. I’m sure they’re going to bore their way to the POs but it’s going to end the same way.

It's Lou, Lou loves his vets

For now it's probably fine (though Chara in particular is probably gonna be exposed on the second pairing) but a few years down the road I guess we'll see if they have the youth pipeline to fill things in or if Lou will be after more veterans
also I think sorokin is usually pretty good, but def had some last night he wish he could have back

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I hope Gauthier can be traded and fetch a solid pick in return. 2nd rounder maybe.

The thing is, no matter how well he is playing — and he is playing well for sure! — you need guys like him to step up when games get heated, in rivalries during the regular season or the POs. Will Gauthier do that? He just don’t have an ounce of it in his body.

Rather bet on someone else. I am not too fond of don’t giving someone a second chance. But no matter what what he does now, it just seems so likely that — when we as a team need it the most, seasons are on the line — Gauthier will skate to bench looking down and handing over it to others.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Caught the highlights. The kids look really good—noticeable gains since last season. Strome looks good too.

Georgiev is having a terrible preseason, yikes.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Kakko and Panarin should stay apart IMO. Kakko is just so zen out there, no panic, no rush, the game comes to him and you can tell that there's so much more there than what we're already seeing. 2g 3a 5p in 4 preseason games.

Lafreniere definitely has a lot of cockiness, and all preseason some of those knocks about his two-way play or his tendency to coast have reared their heads. I think Lafreniere will need some time in the first half to start to get into better habits and when he does, the two of them will be a huge boost for our team. Definitely see the argument for him as a center. He's like Claude Giroux but three inches taller.

That was the most exciting preseason game I've ever watched lol. Really encouraging to see guys like Hunt, Rooney, Barron, Jones, Lundkvist all play up to par. Even if the kids start in Hartford, it's not because they're not capable of playing right now, and it's exciting to think that if anybody goes down, we have the depth to fill the void.

This team could be a juggernaut if everything clicks early enough and if we get the goaltending out of the gate to bank some points early.

Reactions: CLW and Lion Hound

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Very entertaining pre-season game. Sort of a rebirth on the rivalvry. Feel like it’s been less then stellar in the recent past.

Love that the kids are getting their chance to do it and all of them for the most part rose to the occasion.

Kakko was on a different level.
Chytil was shooting the puck like Zibanejad
LaFreniere after the giveaway was engaged and played with confidence
Kravtsov had a Beauty of a goal.

Player that missed the call last night. Tinordi. Big physical needs to be big and physical against the rivals

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
BTW.. people keep sleeping on our roster/talent/potential.... Vegas isn't. They have us as one of the top teams in the league.

Reactions: Cmox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad