Post-Game Talk: ZOOMERS CRUSH THE BOOMERS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Didn't watch the game, but apparently Sasha Georgijev did alright... Good. I really like him as a person, hopefully he can prove his worth by being a reliable backup this year.

And apparently Kakko was good too. That's nice to see... I still wonder if Panarin-Strome-Kakko is the line we should go with but...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kakko looks like he could be a beast this year...if he sticks on the Panarin and Strome line those guys have got to figure out how to use him correctly.

Laf needs to learn some of that assertiveness. He had some good plays but is still a little hesitant or "sit back and try to let things open up for you" which doesn't work great in the NHL unless you're adam fox

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I thought Connecticut was Whalers territory and when they left, they became Bruins fans. That arena looks like it's 80% Rangers fans.
Bridgeport is in Fairfield County and is part of the New York television DMA. That explains the high percentage of Ranger fans. Also Wolf Pack is less than an hour away.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Kakko looks like he could be a beast this year...if he sticks on the Panarin and Strome line those guys have got to figure out how to use him correctly.

Laf needs to learn some of that assertiveness. He had some good plays but is still a little hesitant or "sit back and try to let things open up for you" which doesn't work great in the NHL unless you're adam fox

Laf definitely had moments where he took the initiative a bit more. He'll get there.

I was also impressed with Hunt. Played a bit of a physical game and was a puck hound on his line. I do miss Buch, but I think Blais is the type of guy that was missing from our lineup.

This bottom-6 is night and day.

Reactions: maris

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
For all the shit McKegg is getting, let’s all count our blessings knowing that he is going to be the Rangers 17th forward this year. 17th. He’s better than Digiuseppe and Howden from last year who were regulars in the lineup. He’s not an everyday NHL player but if the team needs to scrape that deep in the barrel, he’s not THAT bad.
He’s actually really good from dots to dots.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007

When the puck is on his stick, he is ok, as shown by his two assists tonight. But he needs more work without the puck in all zones. He gets lost in coverage. Georgie bailed him out a few times tonight.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He just consistently got through their smothering defense. He was constantly forcing them to have to turn. Really liked his game tonight and glad he never got hurt by that Ciseckis cheapshot.

He did a good job of carrying the puck when he could and dumping and chasing when needed. too often some guys wait too long to dump and chase

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Tinordi was very, very good tonight. If he can play like that and punch some faces I have no problem letting Lundqvist figure out NA ice in Hartford to start the year

He was a lot better tonight than the other night. He's still a lefty to Lundkvist's righty so I don't think it's an either or scenario. He and Nemeth will be the 3rd pair LDs while Lundkvist gets his shot on the right

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
When the puck is on his stick, he is ok, as shown by his two assists tonight. But he needs more work without the puck in all zones. He gets lost in coverage. Georgie bailed him out a few times tonight.

eh if he can put up the analytics he did last year I don't care what he looks like out there, I care about results.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Laf definitely had moments where he took the initiative a bit more. He'll get there.
Yeah I think they just need to let him sit in a top six role and find his way (assuming the team isn't struggling and forcing the coaches to stack the top six with vets) because last year he came on strong at the end when he got more opportunity. Give him some time and space, he'll do some great stuff sometimes and look lost other times. That said he has found his points so far this preseason so good.

I was also impressed with Hunt. Played a bit of a physical game and was a puck hound on his line. I do miss Buch, but I think Blais is the type of guy that was missing from our lineup.

This bottom-6 is night and day.

Yeah...gonna be interesting. I like how that third line is looking at times, little more straight forward in your face but with a combo skill and grit. Goodrow, despite being overpaid, brings a little more grind and get the puck down the ice and work it mentality. Chytil is kind of a wildcard player I feel...when he's flying he does shit like tonight where he busts out a hattrick. Other nights it seems like he's pressing and the results just aren't coming, but I like him as a player still in general. Kravtsov will give that line some more skill and he's a hard worker who can rack up the points.

I'm kinda meh on Rooney but he's big and skates well and probably doesn't grade out great with the analytics but does OK stuff around the ice. Reaves will be Reaves but Blais will be the gem on that line and will get moved up the lineup when things need a spark

Reactions: Charlie Conway

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Tinordi was very, very good tonight. If he can play like that and punch some faces I have no problem letting Lundqvist figure out NA ice in Hartford to start the year

Jones looked better than Lundkvist in my opinion. I hope they don’t overuse Tinordi. Would have kept Smith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad