Post-Game Talk: ZOOMERS CRUSH THE BOOMERS

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
For all the shit McKegg is getting, let’s all count our blessings knowing that he is going to be the Rangers 17th forward this year. 17th. He’s better than Digiuseppe and Howden from last year who were regulars in the lineup. He’s not an everyday NHL player but if the team needs to scrape that deep in the barrel, he’s not THAT bad.
Yeah, for all the jokes this is a very important point to make.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Chytil is kind of a wildcard player I feel...when he's flying he does shit like tonight where he busts out a hattrick. Other nights it seems like he's pressing and the results just aren't coming, but I like him as a player still in general. Kravtsov will give that line some more skill and he's a hard worker who can rack up the points.

I've been a Chytil fan since the draft, so I'll admit I have a ton of patience. Chytil has the skill, but it's just been a matter of the consistency and getting to some of the tougher areas. I don't think he'll be a superstar, but I think he will still end up being a good player. He has NHL experience, obviously, but he's still really young. I would like him to be a bit more physical, but some guys do that and some don't.

I'm kinda meh on Rooney but he's big and skates well and probably doesn't grade out great with the analytics but does OK stuff around the ice. Reaves will be Reaves but Blais will be the gem on that line and will get moved up the lineup when things need a spark

Management seems to really like Rooney as the 4C. Both he and Goodrow don't look so hot as far as Corsi goes if you want to look at advanced stats. Hunt, Reaves, and Blais all look okay (50% or higher).

The things is that both Rooney and Goodrow have gotten HEAVY defensive responsibilities the last few years (like 70% of Rooney's starts were in the defensive zone the last 3 years. Goodrow around 55-65%), so I think it's a case where Corsi looks upon them unfavorably but doesn't tell the full story. Clearly with 70% defensive starts, you're going to get out-shot.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I've been a Chytil fan since the draft, so I'll admit I have a ton of patience. Chytil has the skill, but it's just been a matter of the consistency and getting to some of the tougher areas. I don't think he'll be a superstar, but I think he will still end up being a good player. He has NHL experience, obviously, but he's still really young. I would like him to be a bit more physical, but some guys do that and some don't.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see him as one of those guys that at 26 you're like "wait he put up how many points? wow"

Management seems to really like Rooney as the 4C. Both he and Goodrow don't look so hot as far as Corsi goes if you want to look at advanced stats. Hunt, Reaves, and Blais all look okay (50% or higher).

Preseason or overall? Preseason is kinda meh, whatever. I think Rooney is decent as a 4C, he can do some PKing, as I said he's big but skates alright, pots some goals so he's not a Tanner Glass out there. Could do worse...there's probably some "value" in a guy you know you can just rely on as your 4C and not be constantly churning through looking for a cheap guy who will out perform his contract but needs to be moved before he asks for too much money.

The things is that both Rooney and Goodrow have gotten HEAVY defensive responsibilities the last few years (like 70% of Rooney's starts were in the defensive zone the last 3 years. Goodrow around 55-65%), so I think it's a case where Corsi looks upon them unfavorably but doesn't tell the full story. Clearly with 70% defensive starts, you're going to get out-shot.

I guess the hotness is to look at expected goals against and all that jazz, but yeah 4th lines are kinda like...if you can put some good forechecking pressure on and wear down the other team that's "good enough". I think even the Isles 4th line was looked down upon until recently when people decided "oh yeah I guess they do sometimes bring some value" but I am suspect about how long that lasts and the money they committed to it

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I don’t think fox is getting the “ C “ .

they gave goodrow the “ A” tonight and fox doesn’t wear a letter

but then again who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad