Post-Game Talk: Zibanejad worst Ranger since.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Did Quinn develop Zibanejad and Buchnevich?

They improved greatly under Quinn.

Laviolette inherited Laf and Kakko.

If you credit Lav with developing Laf, does he get the blame for the de-evolution of Kakko?

You don't see the failure of your logic?

You can cherry pick anecdotes all you want. It’s overwhelmingly obvious that pro sports teams do have a sizeable hand in developing their talent.

The answers to your specific queries above are irrelevant to that determination. We can get into the nitty gritty about who is to blame or credit for Laf and Kakko, et al, but the team absolutely is at least partially but substantially to credit or blame. Especially early in a player’s career.

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You are assuming he would want to sign in Arizona. If he leaves as a free agent in the summer of 2025, what good is he to them?
Scottsdale's mighty nice this time of year & these guys spend their summers wherever the heck they please. Although I'm not very high on their chances to get a new arena built, so this may all be for naught.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I’m watching the Avs game. I know this horse has been beaten to death, but their speed is eye-opening. Mackinnon, Drouin, O’Connor, Makar, Toews, Girard, and Byram,just to name a few, all have above average to elite speed. It really helps complement the slower players like Rantanen and Manson.

The Rangers have too many slow players: Zibanejad is average. Panarin isn’t the fastest. Kreider is fast in spurts whenever there’s a loose puck heading into the o-zone. Laf, Kakko, Goodrow, Bonino, Fox, Trouba, Wheeler are all extremely slow. It’s not terrible having slow players if they can play, but ideally you would like to pair them with quick players like the Avs have done.

It’s poor roster construction. This is why when we inevitably trade Kakko for some underwhelming return, he will go on to become a really effective player.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I’m watching the Avs game. I know this horse has been beaten to death, but their speed is eye-opening. Mackinnon, Drouin, O’Connor, Makar, Toews, Girard, and Byram,just to name a few, all have above average to elite speed. It really helps complement the slower players like Rantanen and Manson.

The Rangers have too many slow players: Zibanejad is average. Panarin isn’t the fastest. Kreider is fast in spurts whenever there’s a loose puck heading into the o-zone. Laf, Kakko, Goodrow, Bonino, Fox, Trouba, Wheeler are all extremely slow. It’s not terrible having slow players if they can play, but ideally you would like to pair them with quick players like the Avs have done.

It’s poor roster construction. This is why when we inevitably trade Kakko for some underwhelming return, he will go on to become a really effective player.
The Islanders look lighting fast compared to the Rangers. Its individual skating yes but also the style of play.

Rangers will never be fast like the Avs but they could be a lot faster than they are now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The problem is that Arizona won't have any guarantees that he would sign there long term so his value won't be high
That would be pretty much the case anywhere he goes.

I actually think the fit (at least from their side) makes sense. Whether or not he would sign there long term is another story entirely but even a year of Lindgren would yield a decent return.

It's not like he would be walking into a room where he knows no one. Him and Keller are friends.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
That would be pretty much the case anywhere he goes.

I actually think the fit (at least from their side) makes sense. Whether or not he would sign there long term is another story entirely but even a year of Lindgren would yield a decent return.

It's not like he would be walking into a room where he knows no one. Him and Keller are friends.
My point is he would be more valuable for that one guaranteed year with a team that would be a serious contender next year. Always considered Lindgren to be more valuable to a real good team because he fills a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad