Post-Game Talk: Zibanejad worst Ranger since.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The evidence is that pro sports teams, hockey and otherwise, develop talent all the time.

Like... a player gets to a new team, gets new coaching, improves. This year with Lafreniere is an example.

I'm not going to give you a list of examples because it's everywhere.

Your assertion is bewildering. Yeah, pro sports teams don't develop talent.

Wrong, they do.

Did Quinn develop Zibanejad and Buchnevich?

They improved greatly under Quinn.

Laviolette inherited Laf and Kakko.

If you credit Lav with developing Laf, does he get the blame for the de-evolution of Kakko?

You don't see the failure of your logic?

You gotta make the playoffs again at some point. This summer and next is when they should be moving draft and prospect capital for legit NHL'ers to build an actual team to supplement their high end youth.

Does anyone believe Lindgren moves the needle to playoff team?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Did Quinn develp Zibanejad and Buchnevich?

If you credit Lav with developing Laf, does he get the blame for the de-evolution of Kakko?

Kreider scored 52 goals because Gallant developed the shit out of him. I've learned that development around these parts means young players should automatically get first line and first PP assignments and not be expected to play defense, regardless if they're ready for it or not. It's either that or the coach and the organization ruined them.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Mika is still playing at a higher level than Brad Richards was at when we made the finals. Again I don't see a problem at the top end of the lineup (Besides Trouba being overpaid and overplayed)

It's the depth. Bonino and Goodrow have been anchors on the bottom 6. If Chytil returns and you're a 3 line team again, it goes a long way for matchups.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Did Quinn develop Zibanejad and Buchnevich?

Not by himself no.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Kreider scored 52 goals because Gallant developed the shit out of him. I've learned that development around these parts means young players should automatically get first line and first PP assignments and not be expected to play defense, regardless if they're ready for it or not. It's either that or the coach and the organization ruined them.

And Laviolette undeveloped him?

Another poster says Laviolette developed Lav.

So coaches may develop some players and devolve others?

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Lowest shot rate since 2017. Just sayin'. Averaging a full 0.5 fewer shots per game than last year.

And that's with the craptastic one-timer that's worked once or twice all year.

If he won't shoot the puck and wants to pass to Kreider, take Kreider off his wing. Mika can pass to Kakko and Kakko can play keep away on the wall until someone on that line gets bored of not shooting and decides to be a goalscorer. Otherwise that line can languish. Put Cuylle with them and maybe that will light a fire under someone's ass on that line.

And take Mika OFF PP1 and reconfigure it to get Panarin and Laf out there with Kreider Fox and Trocheck. Mika's been the worst player on that PP for the last 2 months and the first month of the season, and doesn't deserve to just sit there forever when everytime he touches the puck it's a turnover.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
They need a veteran stay at home presence. I don’t see an in season move but maybe during the summer.
That gives them one season before he's an UFA. I don't think there's any chance he re-signs in Arizona

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don't know anything about fancy stats. Is this good?
Laviolette loves Boner.

The Rangers higher ups love Boner.

Players like him are catnip to this organzation.

Old, washed up, won cups on a different team, slow, absolutely horrible metrics, looks like he's working hard because he sucks so much.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That was the worst game that Mika has played in a Rangers jersey. He hasn't been good this year but last night he was simply abysmal, along with the PP, Trouba, and Gus. You just can't lose this game up 2-0 in the 3rd against this team. You just can't. Lavy please make some changes and please stop playing Bonino. What more do you have to see? Gallant 2.0.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Where did you see me say that? I was making a very simple point. Good job

"Imagine what kinda player Mika would be if he had someone like MacKinnon's competitiveness."

You're saying that if Zib had the competitiveness of Mackinnon he'd be so much better.

The point is that the difference between Zib and MacKinnon has zero to do with competiveness.

You're comparing Zib to one of the top 3 skaters in the world and saying it's Zib lack of competiveness that makes him fail in comparison.

Nice job.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
"Imagine what kinda player Mika would be if he had someone like MacKinnon's competitiveness."

You're saying that if Zib had the competitiveness of Mackinnon he'd be so much better.

The point is that the difference between Zib and MacKinnon has zero to do with competiveness.

You're comparing Zib to one of the top 3 skaters in the world and saying it's Zib lack of competiveness that makes him fail in comparison.

Nice job.
Not worth responding to this 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad