News Article: Zadorov Suspended for Two Games

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
That's one game for a family of four
I remember me and a buddy pricing out what it would take to get Primo seats at a leaf game versus a bus trip from Victoria down through California Arizona Texas and back up with hotels and the trip was cheaper than the leaf game

If we had gone we would have timed it out to catch the promotion I think it was 7-Eleven that you got two Coyotes tickets with two Corona six packs and two hot dogs

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I just have to laugh 2 games for that buttman call that in .
Was maybe a penalty a minor that should have had embellishment call against Detroit.
Can't wait for buttman to be gone the dops to be accountable to every team not just usa markets f off buutf. K buttman

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
First reaction was Who? Thanks Victor @Vector

I don't think the point of contact was the head... don't get me wrong head contact was made... but it looks pretty shoulder to just in the reply the showed.

I think it looked more like shoulder to chin. An unfortunate result of Big Z being so tall. Personally I think this suspension was a bit bullshit. Was it an avoidable hit? Sure. But it wasn't like Zadorov was really cutting across from the blindside. Raymond was skating the puck up ice and and should have seen Zadorov defending the rush. It just so happens that just as Zadorov committed to the hit Raymond had passed the puck.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I have no idea what the standard is.
Thats the issue. If they are finally cracking down on head contact and dangerous plays then great. But its a weird time to finally take things seriously and if future ones are sus then Parros can continue to f off

Reactions: bbud and andora

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Bit harsh tbh..probably had to do with the fact he hit a marquee player..If he hit a plug,he would have got a game.

If Pettersson was hit like that..we’d be screaming blue murder..

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Totally unintentional, he was going for the hipcheck and missed, but he 100% got head contact and so im totally fine with the suspension. If he was targeting the head itd be a lot more. Raymond also sold it hard, acted like he died, which really was why our guys kept going at him the rest of the game.

Will be interesting to see if a totally deliberate play after the whistle by Morgan Rielly gets a similar punishment. He went for a crosscheck to the guys neck and he got it.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
League will be non contact within 20 years.
Feels like it

I mean raymond alone today put himself in almost 3 very bad positions to get rolled and im not talkimg about the zud or myers hits

Its brutal.. stevens probably gets turned on watching todays game

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Feels like it

I mean raymond alone today put himself in almost 3 very bad positions to get rolled and im not talkimg about the zud or myers hits

Its brutal.. stevens probably gets turned on watching todays game
Hughes did a suicide pass 5 seconds into the game

Reactions: andora

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
2 games seems 1 too many, but I don't know if Big Zaddy has any priors on his record. Overall, I wouldn't have any issues with this if it was more consistent.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
2 games is a bit heavy to me. He already missed half the game in question. Got the match penalty and 5 minute PP. 1 more game and a $342 fine the “maximum allowable under the CBA which apparently was written in 1812” would have been enough.

2 games seems 1 too many, but I don't know if Big Zaddy has any priors on his record. Overall, I wouldn't have any issues with this if it was more consistent.
He does not. Surprisingly , as he goes out of his way to look for hits and some are late / needless.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I have zero problem with the suspension. I don’t think it was necessarily intentional, but it was reckless. I don’t want to see those hits period.

But I question why Raymond returned to the game. It’s sad to see that head contact like that still isn’t taken seriously.

And yeah. The lack of consistency with player safety is ridiculous

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I think 2 games is actually pretty standard, but considering he missed over half the game, thought it would be 1 game.. Definitely a hit to the head and although I initially thought it was head on head, it does look like shoulder was first.

I do wonder if the DoPS might talk to Raymond about putting himself in bad positions because after he came back, he got flattened by Myers and made that ill advised charge onto a heavier Juulsen.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Zadorov missed the hit and clipped the head. I'm fine with this.

However, I will be whelmed as usual when Reilly gets less than Z, for that BS predatory headshot well after the whistle. Should easily get at least double what Z got; the intent to injure is undeniable.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Zadorov is just so damn big, that having his shoulder contact a player's head once and awhile almost seems inevitable. But this guy's worth will be borne out in the playoffs.....players will think twice before wheeling over the blueline and cutting across the middle of the ice.

So he'll miss tomorrow's game in Washington; and the finale of the road-trip in Chicago. I'm OK with that. At least he'll be well rested for the upcoming home stand.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I wasn’t even sure it was more than 2 min. Z tried to stay low. Didn’t look like the first point of contact was the head. It look more awkward than anything with head on head contact.
I have no idea how the league judges these things.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm fine with this. He was a dumb hit. Zadorov has to be aware of his size and be willing to abandon a check if it doesn't look like he can angle it properly. I do think it's one game too many but eh.

I'll be a little less fine if Rielly doesn't sit after the bullshit he pulled.

Reactions: Vector and Aqualung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad