News Article: Zadorov Suspended for Two Games

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
The league and DOPS working OT on the weekend with a same day decision when it comes to the Canucks

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't think the point of contact was the head... don't get me wrong head contact was made... but it looks pretty shoulder to just in the reply the showed.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I don't think the point of contact was the head... don't get me wrong head contact was made... but it looks pretty shoulder to just in the reply the showed.

If you watch the replay in the NHL video, the initial contact is clearly shoulder to head, and he pretty much only catches his head.

I'm fine with this. It's a dumb play. Players need to know by now that those across-the-body type hits coming from the back side on a player who is leaning forward pretty much always end up with head contact. You're trying to change the angle to catch his chest instead of the back, but due to the angle and positioning there's always little-to-no target to hit without cranking the guy in the head. It's just not a smart play to make.

I'm sure I'll probably be mad next week when the exact same play gets a fine or whatever, but I'm totally okay with this suspension. Don't think Zadorov was headhunting here, but he needs to know better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad