Rumor: Zadorov heading to the KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
So will the Avs sign Zadorov or lose him to the KHL. How good is he? Where would he slot in Nashville? Columbus, Minnesota? Calgary? Where would he slot in St. Louis?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So will the Avs sign Zadorov or lose him to the KHL. How good is he? Where would he slot in Nashville? Columbus, Minnesota? Calgary? Where would he slot in St. Louis?

Well the KHL season has started few weeks ago, so it seems unlikely that we will sign with the KHL, but you never know. Media "insiders" have suggested that signing with the KHL has never really been a possibility for Zadorov.

His value is based on Colorado's positional need and his ceiling, which is immense, but he is still a raw and inconsistent player at this time. I am sure that teams would be interested in him, but I am not sure that they would give enough value to Colorado for Colorado to consider trading him. He has too much importance to the Avs due to his position and potential.

As for the teams you mentioned, it seems unlikely that he would supplant players in their current top-4, at least immediately. I am not sure why you listed the teams that you did, because they are teams with some of the strongest top-4 units in the league.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
As to the situation surrounding the young defenseman Zadorov, Sakic said the team has made what he feels is a more than fair offer, based on his age, production to this point in his career and what comparable players around the league have already signed for. Sources say Zadorov wants $2.5 million per year on his next deal, but the Avs aren’t going much past the $2 million mark.

“We’re confident with where we are in negotiations,†Sakic said. “At some point, he’s going to have to decide what he’s going to do. My only hope is that he will be here on Thursday.â€

So much for "Deal is done, stay tuned" from a month ago. I hope for his and Avs sake he signs for 2M.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Can't stand Sakic anymore.. ruined his Avs legacy in my eyes. Sign the kid, trade the other kid, quit and go home man.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Well the KHL season has started few weeks ago, so it seems unlikely that we will sign with the KHL, but you never know. Media "insiders" have suggested that signing with the KHL has never really been a possibility for Zadorov.

His value is based on Colorado's positional need and his ceiling, which is immense, but he is still a raw and inconsistent player at this time. I am sure that teams would be interested in him, but I am not sure that they would give enough value to Colorado for Colorado to consider trading him. He has too much importance to the Avs due to his position and potential.

As for the teams you mentioned, it seems unlikely that he would supplant players in their current top-4, at least immediately. I am not sure why you listed the teams that you did, because they are teams with some of the strongest top-4 units in the league.

I did pick those teams because they have solid defense cores. It's a way of gauging his overall play. Is Zadorov a top pairing guy on those teams? Is he a bottom pairing guy on those teams?

I wasn't really looking to gauge his trade value at all because trade value is based on many things.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Can't stand Sakic anymore.. ruined his Avs legacy in my eyes. Sign the kid, trade the other kid, quit and go home man.

Couldn't agree more. All he had to do this summer was ship Duchene out and sign Zadorov and he has done neither of them.

Hopefully he's gone by the end of next year and we have a great 2018 draft because it's really hard being an Avs fan right now.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Zadorov is a middle pair quality guy right now. On a stacked D like those listed he is going to be a #5. On a team with limited D talent he might be top pair. On average he is a middle pair guy.

As to the situation surrounding the young defenseman Zadorov, Sakic said the team has made what he feels is a more than fair offer, based on his age, production to this point in his career and what comparable players around the league have already signed for. Sources say Zadorov wants $2.5 million per year on his next deal, but the Avs aren’t going much past the $2 million mark.

“We’re confident with where we are in negotiations,†Sakic said. “At some point, he’s going to have to decide what he’s going to do. My only hope is that he will be here on Thursday.â€

So much for "Deal is done, stay tuned" from a month ago. I hope for his and Avs sake he signs for 2M.

Honestly, I hope he signs for 2.5. .5 isn't worth aggravating the guy and putting the want to leave this org as a UFA in his head. Sakic's stubbornness seems to have annoyed quite a few players so far.

Actually, the best thing will be for Zadorov to bolt to the KHL, which will hopefully be enough for Kroneke to fire Sakic's ass. Then Zadorov comes back a year from now under a new coach and GM.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Honestly, I hope he signs for 2.5. .5 isn't worth aggravating the guy and putting the want to leave this org as a UFA in his head. Sakic's stubbornness seems to have annoyed quite a few players so far.

Actually, the best thing will be for Zadorov to bolt to the KHL, which will hopefully be enough for Kroneke to fire Sakic's ass. Then Zadorov comes back a year from now under a new coach and GM.

It's too late for him to leave for CSKA that team is stacked with D, and they have no idea what to do with them. And i think it's more likely for Zadorov to move down for 0.5 than Joe-i feel confident where we are now-Sakic moves up.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I think the entertainment level he brings alone is worth the extra 500k. His hits bring fans out of their seats and he was one of the few guys last year worth a damn. As a fan, I'd pay just to see him light up a guy like he did Schiefele again.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Avs can't afford to play hardball with any player much less a god defenseman like Zadorov, they need to get the deal done for him.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Seems kinda silly if all of this has been over $500k...

They will get a deal done though. It's not unheard of for an RFA to come into camp without a new deal. Just last year, Ristolainen went all of camp without a new deal. He didn't sign his extension until Oct. 11th.

member 290103

They will get a deal done though. It's not unheard of for an RFA to come into camp without a new deal. Just last year, Ristolainen went all of camp without a new deal. He didn't sign his extension until Oct. 11th.

Remember when Kevin Lowe negotiated a deal of Mike Comrie to Anaheim for Corey Perry and a 1st, but then took the deal off the table when Comrie would not repay his 2.5M signing bonus?

Good time. Oil got Jeff Woywitka and Rob Shremp.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

Guess you don't mind giving up 25% of your salary too?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

This. You'd never get back enough value to consider trading him.
He's really a boom or bust type guy. If he hits his potential, he'll be a beast though.
If not, he might end up as a Polak type, which is still pretty good.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What makes it even more laughable is the fact that Zadorov was acquired because the Avs had similarly ruined their relationship with ROR in contract negotiations.

How does the old saying go? If everyone you meet seems like an *******, it's probably you that's the *******? :laugh:

Rainman2408

Jun 29, 2010
Muskoka
Sakic has to go. Loved him as a player but I seriously can't think of a GM who has just flat out done a terrible job. I can't think of a single move he's made that isn't questionable at best. Roy seen the writing on the wall as most fans do. I can't even see how he can fix this team because no FA of any kind of worth will ever consider signing there under his management. I feel bad for AVS fans. I won't be surprised if Joe is on a very short leash to start this season and will be gone before Christmas

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Sakic has to go. Loved him as a player but I seriously can't think of a GM who has just flat out done a terrible job. I can't think of a single move he's made that isn't questionable at best. Roy seen the writing on the wall as most fans do. I can't even see how he can fix this team because no FA of any kind of worth will ever consider signing there under his management. I feel bad for AVS fans. I won't be surprised if Joe is on a very short leash to start this season and will be gone before Christmas

You do know that Sakic is Executive VP of Hockey Operations, and is one of probably 2 people with the authority to fire the GM, right?

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
It's too late for him to leave for CSKA that team is stacked with D, and they have no idea what to do with them.
That's what people here said about Marchenko and CSKA, but they still signed him to a three-year deal anyway. They are currently 8-1, but that's not good enough considering that SKA is 9-0. It doesn't matter if they need him or have room, they'll sign him anyway just because they can and because they'll do anything to beat SKA.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

He's improved our drafting dramatically and did a lot better in the ROR trade than HF said he could possibly do...but yeah, he's butchered the Duchene situation because of how trigger shy he is & because he doesn't talk to the press; he's failed spectacularly in FA; and this Zads situation is getting stupid.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Marincin + bracco for zadarov! Make it happen Lou ;)

Hey with sakic in charge you never know ;)

Based on what we have heard about Duchene in the last six months, the realistic scenario would literally be the polar opposite of yours. There is a serious chance that the big three for Zadorov would be turned down because that wouldn't address the issues at D.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He's improved our drafting dramatically and did a lot better in the ROR trade than HF said he could possibly do...but yeah, he's butchered the Duchene situation because of how trigger shy he is & because he doesn't talk to the press; he's failed spectacularly in FA; and this Zads situation is getting stupid.

I agree that the Duchene situation has been less than ideal, and Zadorov should be signed already. But, I think it's important to remember that the primary reason that Sakic had to try to build the team through FA in the first place is because the Avs had essentially 0 quality prospects when he took over the team. If the drafting is improved, this should be less of an issue in the future, because we'll have young guys ready to fill spots, and won't be forced to sign multiple UFAs every year to fill prominent roles in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad