Proposal: zadina + for kakko

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Tony DeAgelo was going to be a future perennial Norris contender to some of these dudes, not worth it boys.

Seider sucks, I wouldn't want to trade Kakko for him and Zadina either
giphy.gif

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Tony DeAgelo was going to be a future perennial Norris contender to some of these dudes, not worth it boys.

Seider sucks, I wouldn't want to trade Kakko for him and Zadina either
giphy.gif
Hah nobody is confusing deangelo with Norris caliber D. As far as putting up points from the blue line, even strength or PP he’s still one of the best in the business. Too bad his mouth got in the way

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Yes he improved defensively but is still a 20pt forward. You drafted a guy 2nd overall to be a 3rd/4th line defensive winger? There is a very small difference between this two players at this point. More offense from Zadina, more defense from Kakko. Trying to say the difference is Seider or two top 5 draft picks is pure lunacy
D465650D-4ED8-49F4-852D-A575D260FE89.png

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The revision on DeAngelo in this thread is crazy

Everything in this thread is crazy.

Nils Lundkvist is somehow not in Moritz Seider’s universe, despite him breaking records and outproducing him handily in their respective 19 y/o seasons.

Zadina is somehow a better player than Kakko, despite the analytics shown above AND the eye test telling us that Kakko is a far superior defensive player.

The Rangers should trade Fox for Seider because of what Seider has done in the SHL, while Fox is playing Norris Caliber hockey in the NHL.

I know these have been long and tough years for Detroit fans, but the losing has really gotten to SOME OF (because I know the ones saying these ridiculous things in this thread don’t represent all Detroit fans) the Detroit fans that are in this thread. Yikes.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Nils Lundkvist is somehow not in Moritz Seider’s universe, despite him breaking records and outproducing him handily in their respective 19 y/o seasons.

Zadina is somehow a better player than Kakko, despite the analytics shown above AND the eye test telling us that Kakko is a far superior defensive player.

The Rangers should trade Fox for Seider because of what Seider has done in the SHL, while Fox is playing Norris Caliber hockey in the NHL.

I know these have been long and tough years for Detroit fans, but the losing has really gotten to SOME OF (because I know the ones saying these ridiculous things in this thread don’t represent all Detroit fans) the Detroit fans that are in this thread. Yikes.
All this and you still dont know production rates or understanding that Seider is primarily a defensive D who happens to produce at a better rate than your guy.

Sad

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The Seider hype train is flying amongst Wings fans. I hope the kid can live up to it. It's not as if we haven't seen players excel in other leagues and not so much in the NHL.
More on topic, no, KK for Zadina isn't happening. I don't think the Rangers would move KK anyway. Certainly not for Zadina.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just to be sure I'm on the same page, youd actually turn down Seider + Zadina for Kakko?

If so, Rangers fans may have just taken over the title of most dilusional fans on HF boards :laugh:
Anyone doing that would be crazy.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

When did someone say Zadina > Kakko? I’ve seen Detroit fans say they’re comparable or close to and then asked for an explanation of why KK is better. Who said Rags should trade Fox for Seider? The Seider > Lundqvist has already been stated multiple times with external sources and reasoning behind their comment. I’ve also seen a Rags fan say the NHL has a bias against the Rags for some unknown reason after letting them win in two lotteries back to back. Jeez this thread, am I right?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I know a lot of people make excuses for prospects and young players but Kakko really has looked great, he's just more allergic to picking up points than he is to eating a loaf of pumpernickel. Hopefully he starts getting some luck soon, and works on that shot

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

And all this time you still think points that are all that count with seider and nils, but not when it comes to zadina and kakko.

Reactions: romanstar

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
And all this time you still think points that are all that count with seider and nils, but not when it comes to zadina and kakko.
It’s also odd he said, “outproducing him handily in their respective 19 y/o seasons.”

Seider - 28/41 = 0.6829
Lundqvist - 31/45 = 0.6888

Current year Lundqvist - 32/52 = 0.6153

I’m not sure I’d use ‘handily’ as a definition to describe 0.0059 of a difference after cherry picking stats. Why not compare current year production even though Seider is labeled a “defensive” defensemen. That’s right, Seider outperformed him this year.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Yet I'd say your Draisaitl take is the worst of them all? :dunno:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

It’s been said several times that the analytics separate Kakko from Zadina.

When did someone say Zadina > Kakko? I’ve seen Detroit fans say they’re comparable or close to and then asked for an explanation of why KK is better.

Again, analytics have said it. IIRC, they were posted previously in this thread.

Who said Rags should trade Fox for Seider?

I was told by multiple wings fans that the Rangers should and would trade Fox for Zadina, Seider and a 1st.

Fox is going to be off limits in a friggin Jack Eichel trade. Why in the blue hell would they deal him for THAT?

The Seider > Lundqvist has already been stated multiple times with external sources and reasoning behind their comment.

Yes and that still doesn’t change the fact that Lundkvist at 19 y/o broke records and outproduced Seider at 19 y/o is and still breaking records at his current age, despite Seider winning SHL defender of the year. All I’ve ever said is that there’s similar potential, not that one is better than the other and that there clearly a lot of Wings fans in this thread who know absolutely nothing about Lundkvist other than the numbers they find on hockeydb.

I’ve also seen a Rags fan say the NHL has a bias against the Rags for some unknown reason after letting them win in two lotteries back to back. Jeez this thread, am I right?

I said the voting for the Hart last year was screwed up because they voted for best player for it, not most valuable. You take Draisaitl away from the Oilers, they still have the best player in the world in McDavid, who won scoring trophies before Draisaitl got to this level. Panarin outproduced Draisaitl at ES despite inferior linemates and Draisaitl playing with McDavid for half of the season.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
It’s been said several times that the analytics separate Kakko from Zadina.

Again, analytics have said it. IIRC, they were posted previously in this thread.

I was told by multiple wings fans that the Rangers should and would trade Fox for Zadina, Seider and a 1st.

Fox is going to be off limits in a friggin Jack Eichel trade. Why in the blue hell would they deal him for THAT?

Yes and that still doesn’t change the fact that Lundkvist at 19 y/o broke records and outproduced Seider at 19 y/o is and still breaking records at his current age, despite Seider winning SHL defender of the year. All I’ve ever said is that there’s similar potential, not that one is better than the other and that there clearly a lot of Wings fans in this thread who know absolutely nothing about Lundkvist other than the numbers they find on hockeydb.

I said the voting for the Hart last year was screwed up because they voted for best player for it, not most valuable. You take Draisaitl away from the Oilers, they still have the best player in the world in McDavid, who won scoring trophies before Draisaitl got to this level. Panarin outproduced Draisaitl at ES despite inferior linemates and Draisaitl playing with McDavid for half of the season.

check the ppg and analytics between seider and nils then.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

I asked for an example of when/where someone said this in the thread. You didn’t provide one because it didn’t happen.

Fox for Zadina, Seider, and a top 5 pick isn’t the same thing as Seider for Fox.

Because posters post external sources, analytics, and comment accordingly they don’t know what they’re talking about because they don’t agree with you? You’ve provided no reasoning outside point totals to justify your opinion and even then you needed to cherry pick those stats.

You said the NHL has a bias towards the Rags after they just gifted them two lottery wins. Give me a break, that’s a conspiracy theory. Draisaitl is a top 5 player, let’s not act like he’s a scrub and is ineligible for awards because McDavid is on his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad