Zack Smith

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I have a feeling you guys would be fairly underwhelmed with the offers that Smith would bring in.

Maybe I'm selling him short, but I don't think so.

Either way point is moot, I'd rather keep him than trade him anyway.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm thinking about it more and I want to keep him depending on what he's looking to resign for next year. If we want to give him the old Chris Neil contracts of 2 or 2.5 per year I'm happy. If he's looking for like 3-4 million, then Id rather trade him for a 2nd or something.

I know he's not likely to reproduce this so I wouldn't wanna sign him to something that pays for that production. He's not the type of player you want to overpay for.

*I understand hes under contract for next year. I'm assuming next year we look to resign him, and that's what I'm talking about. Lol

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I'm thinking about it more and I want to keep him depending on what he's looking to resign for next year. If we want to give him the old Chris Neil contracts of 2 or 2.5 per year I'm happy. If he's looking for like 3-4 million, then Id rather trade him for a 2nd or something.

I know he's not likely to reproduce this so I wouldn't wanna sign him to something that pays for that production. He's not the type of player you want to overpay for.

*I understand hes under contract for next year. I'm assuming next year we look to resign him, and that's what I'm talking about. Lol

I think you are being unrealistic about the cost of a player like Smith. The comparable, or worse, Marcus Kruger just re-signed for north of $3 million with the Cup champs.

Zack Smith already makes $2.3 million.

Even if he "regresses" to 14-15 goals which is about what he has done in most of his NHL seasons, Smith is worth $3-4 million. It will be very difficult to replace 15 goals for less than $3 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad