Waived: Zack MacEwen placed on waivers (cleared)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You’ve spelled the man’s name wrong in the thread title. Please fix ASAP!
:)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It should be him or Guénette I would think, not sure which has played better in Belleville.
Guennette led Belleville D in offence last season & JBD might be the better defensive defenceman. My guess is JBD too because he is replacing a defensive defenceman in Zub & he has some experience playing with Sanderson. Matinpalo is another Rd who is a little older & might not be taken on waivers when he has to be returned to Belleville. Waivers is something else to consider when they are returned to the AHL.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Guennette led Belleville D in offence last season & JBD might be the better defensive defenceman. My guess is JBD too because he is replacing a defensive defenceman in Zub & he has some experience playing with Sanderson. Matinpalo is another Rd who is a little older & might not be taken on waivers when he has to be returned to Belleville. Waivers is something else to consider when they are returned to the AHL.
Mantipalo is waivers exempt (as is Guénette). He had a good camp, might be an option, but other than camp I know very little about him

It's also worth noting, that JBD already cleared, so he'd have to be on an NHL roster for 30 days I believe, before he'd have to clear again.

Reactions: Alex1234

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Should be interesting who they call up.

Guenette earned the call-up coming out of camp. I'd be very surprised if it's not him.

Mantipalo is waivers exempt (as is Guénette). He had a good camp, might be an option, but other than camp I know very little about him

It's also worth noting, that JBD already cleared, so he'd have to be on an NHL roster for 30 days I believe, before he'd have to clear again.

Matinpalo makes too much money to be called-up right now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Guenette earned the call-up coming out of camp. I'd be very surprised if it's not him.

Matinpalo makes too much money to be called-up right now.
If money is a factor JBD makes the least, but we aren't taking about a lot of money in hockey terms. It could be argued that Guennette is better offensively while JBD is better defensively & whoever it is is replacing a defensive D in Zub. I think Guennette too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad