Waived: Zack MacEwen placed on waivers (cleared)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's hard to imagine him playing with one and a half days of recovery after that.

But still optimistic that it wasn't a concussion or anything.
I mean, it's hard to say, if it just a cut from the impact, or if the impact itself was more significant, but I have to agree that based on the video it seems more significant than just a cut.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Having McEwen and Imama in the AHL is something
MacEwen scored 52pts in 69 games as a 22yr old AHLer (more pts in a single season than anyone on our team besides Sokolov & Highmore) and has 29pts in 188 NHL games and 14pts in 22 AHL games since.

Imama has 63 pts in AHL 260 games & 1pt in 9 NHL games across 6 seasons.

Completely different tier of player.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Zub is hurt.

Do we actually have an update on him? Last I saw was DJ saying they still didn't know but if he is out it isn't likely to be for long.

Idk though, the fact that he had guys help him off the ice is concerning...
I was wondering the same thing. Has there been an announcement that Zub will miss the next game. Zub & Sanderson = love that pairing.

Maybe Guenette will go in if Zub is out?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
MacEwen scored 52pts in 69 games as a 22yr old AHLer (more pts in a single season than anyone on our team besides Sokolov & Highmore) and has 29pts in 188 NHL games and 14pts in 22 AHL games since.

Imama has 63 pts in AHL 260 games & 1pt in 9 NHL games across 6 seasons.

Completely different tier of player.
If they play in the NHL their roles would be the same. They are not here for their offensive prowess regardless of their AHL points records

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If they play in the NHL their roles would be the same. They are not here for their offensive prowess regardless of their AHL points records
Sure, but it looks like they are both about to play in the AHL. And MacEwen is a good AHL top 6er who will help us down there, whereas Imama will be a pure face puncher. MacEwen has been fine in his limited role imo but I doubt Imama could have matched that. As I said, they are in a different class of players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sure, but it looks like they are both about to play in the AHL. And MacEwen is a good AHL top 6er who will help us down there, whereas Imama will be a pure face puncher. MacEwen has been fine in his limited role imo but I doubt Imama could have matched that. As I said, they are in a different class of players.
I am not sure MacEwen is destined to play in the AHL. Sens need to waive a player in case they need to bring up a D. He may never actually go to Belleville. I don't think this is cutting MacEwen from the NHL roster. All bets on that are off if he is part of the solution to make room for Pinto

Reactions: GCK

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I am not sure MacEwen is destined to play in the AHL. Sens need to waive a player in case they need to bring up a D. He may never actually go to Belleville. I don't think this is cutting MacEwen from the NHL roster. All bets on that are off if he is part of the solution to make room for Pinto
He might not go to the AHL right now, but I suspect he will sit for/miss a lot of NHL games over these next few years

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I expect that would be accurate unless he performs a little better than he has to date
I'd say its almost a given regardless. I dont think he's been bad though, he is what he is... a limited player who might not have a negative impact if you play him 5-10 mins tops

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Definitely a mistake by the GM, that's forsure.
The cap management is the mistake. No need to pile on the player he has been fine. Only one person to pile on RN. PD.

He's been better than Kastelic, but MacEwen will almost certainly go unclaimed.
Ross Johnston just got claimed.

I hope 2 things, MacEwen makes it and Zub is ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
They haven't played Toronto, Montreal or Boston yet. They will need him at some point. Its a long season, physicality matters.

I’ve been posting here for nigh on 20 years. You should know I’m down with physicality.

I just can’t pass up a joke.

If he gets claimed he’s just a casualty of a mismanaged cap.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The organization is clearly showing that they value Chartier over him, which given Pinto's situation, Norris's injury issues and Greig's inability to say healthy long term, makes perfect sense.

They have to put someone on waivers, unless they sent Grieg down, and he's the most expendable one.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad