Waived: Zack MacEwen placed on waivers (cleared)

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Why? I can guarantee you they always figured he would be waived at various points over the length of the contract. The reason they signed him to 3 years was to avoid him getting claimed. I'm fine with the move.

Question is, does he get claimed? Ross Johnston did and by counting stats and contract MacEwen is the better player?

Dorion: "The great thing about this contract is it's so bad that no other team would want it."

(I actually do understand the thinking, but the underlying logic is comical)

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Andlauer watching Dorion bury one-way contracts in the AHL lol

I mean the Leafs do this all the time. If you have financial muscle flex it, give your fringe guys 1 way money so they are less likely to be claimed.

Dorion even said before start of season they have the ability to bury 1-way money in a way they couldn't in the past

I'm the furthest thing from a PD apologist but his current moves on this are the correct ones IMO

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I guess he had to go on waivers today in case Zub can’t go, tomorrow would have been too late. Clears some dollars for Pinto as well.

Reactions: Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Making room for Pinto is my guess. Pinto signing by noon tomorrow

Oct 10, 2010
Hopefully someone claims him - I’d be surprised mind you.

makes sense - ZUB goes on the inured list, they save a bit there, Mcewean in the A and more saving and Pinto just fits in
I don’t believe Zub is going on the IR probably just misses a game or 2.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good on the PK. Great shot blocker. Good in the room. Watson could have had a 1 year over league minimum here and wanted more term and went to seek that elsewhere if I understand that correctly

Yeah, I think he wanted more from us than what he ended up getting from Tampa Bay.

(similar to what I think happened with Duclair)

I'd have gladly given him what Tampa did.

Sure, he lost basically every fight he was in, but at least it was him and not someone else on the team.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
makes sense - ZUB goes on the inured list, they save a bit there, Mcewean in the A and more saving and Pinto just fits in
Can you explain how ZUB on the IR saves money?

Yeah, I think he wanted more from us than what he ended up getting from Tampa Bay.

(similar to what I think happened with Duclair)

I'd have gladly given him what Tampa did.
me too

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Zub is hurt.
Do we actually have an update on him? Last I saw was DJ saying they still didn't know but if he is out it isn't likely to be for long.

Idk though, the fact that he had guys help him off the ice is concerning...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Do we actually have an update on him? Last I saw was DJ saying they still didn't know but if he is out it isn't likely to be for long.

Idk though, the fact that he had guys help him off the ice is concerning...
Nothing announced to say he is out.
This could be precautionary as it will take 24 hours to clear

Reactions: GCK

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Presumably we'd recall the Right D that was the last guy among them cut...

Sebrango against his old team?

1dasf3.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad