Zack Kassian (UPD: 12/16: clears waivers, assigned to St. John's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
One would hope he could have a strong support system there with him. Whether that's a girlfriend/wife, mother/father, whomever. This isn't something he can do by himself; a support system is vital, wherever he finds himself.

I kinda think their are prerequisites that have to be met before we turn Zach loose on St. John's NFLD.
The honus would probably be on his agent to ensure the criteria are met.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I kinda think their are prerequisites that have to be met before we turn Zach loose on St. John's NFLD.
The honus would probably be on his agent to ensure the criteria are met.

Who's that "honus"? Must be a real stalker ...

Urban Dictionary: A honus is a person or people who follow you around everywhere. They are also very undesirable and most of the time awkward.

;)

President Markov

Nov 10, 2015
Gatineau, Qc
Like many of you I sure hope he gets is act together, gets serious, gets back in game shape and eventually make a difference with the big club. That would be quite a good story. :)

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Who's that "honus"? Must be a real stalker ...

Urban Dictionary: A honus is a person or people who follow you around everywhere. They are also very undesirable and most of the time awkward.

;)

Too funny :laugh:

I do believe he mean onus=used to refer to something that is one's duty or responsibility

dreamingofdrouin*

im so glad he's still ours...i really believe this guy can still have an impact...not ready to give upon him

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Too funny :laugh:

I do believe he mean onus=used to refer to something that is one's duty or responsibility

Yes, he meant "onus". :laugh:

I thought I'd take a chance to bug him a bit, he's usually very sharp when it comes to his spelling.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
More cap space!

Honestly, if he can't stay out of trouble in St-John's after rehab... God help him...

If takes his health and job seriously he can still become a helpful piece before the end of the year IMO.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
More cap space!

Honestly, if he can't stay out of trouble in St-John's after rehab... God help him...

A lot of posters here feel the same. This is it. He has a unique opportunity to salvage his career, but above all, to try and overcome what has gotten the best of him so many times before. Good luck.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Therrien says there are too much players in front of him on the Habs depth chart.

Yeah, the team with Paul Byron on the 1st line.

:help:

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015
Therrien says there are too much players in front of him on the Habs depth chart.

Yeah, the team with Paul Byron on the 1st line.

:help:

He's absolutely right. At this point in time, he's in no way a priority for this lineup. Given a successful stint in St.John's, however long that happens to be, then perhaps he gets in the conversation. Therrien is speaking not only pragmatically, but also showing respect to the players (both veteran and rookies) that have worked their tails off to contribute to the team's success thus far.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He's absolutely right. At this point in time, he's in no way a priority for this lineup. Given a successful stint in St.John's, however long that happens to be, then perhaps he gets in the conversation. Therrien is speaking not only pragmatically, but also showing respect to the players (both veteran and rookies) that have worked their tails off to contribute to the team's success thus far.

Sure, our team looks successfully loaded right now. :help:

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015
Sure, our team looks successfully loaded right now. :help:

I think you're confusing the issue. Whatever the current state of the team, 'loaded' or otherwise, Zack Kassian isn't part of the conversation right now in terms of improving the team. As I said, if he were to get things on track in St. John's, then and only then does he become a factor.

Oct 22, 2012
If he can get his act together playing literally a stones throw from a street that houses the most bars/pubs per square feet in North America, then he deserves a second chance.

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015
This doesn't surprise me. Even if MB is down with giving him a second chance there was no way MT was playing him.

Of course he's not going to play him. The guy hasn't played a game in months and is only recently out of a drug rehabilitation program. Unless I'm misinterpreting something in the quote, Therrien is simply saying that Kassian isn't part of the conversation right now, which to me is pretty self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad