Zack Kassian (UPD: 12/16: clears waivers, assigned to St. John's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
I would LOVE Zack Kassian to be able on this team.

Has he had some issues? Absolutely.

Could we use a huge right winger that can score, hit and fight??? More than anything!!!

So he beat the piss out of someone in a bar when he was 19? So did Corson, Chelios, Kordic and a thousand other guys in the history of the NHL.

He ****ed two young *****?

Okay!

He's as dumb as three guys from Rivière du Loup, but he's also got all the assets to make it big with the Habs.

I'm pulling for him and every other Habs fan should be as well.

Here! Here!

People are acting like he hit his wife repeatedly, stole a purse, attempted to smuggle drugs, got in fight after fight in his hometown, berated a taxi driver, had rape allegations, did steroids, or two-hand chopped another player in the head with his stick.

All of the above was done by Stanley Cup champs -- let's not pretend very wealthy 20-something athletes all knit in their spare time.

I guess it's true though.. no one has ever succeeded in the NHL after partying with a couple girls all night.

patrick-kane-limo-photo-4.jpg

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
Hollywood Henderson did cocaine DURING the Super Bowl. If Kassian can help the team he should be on the team regardless of any of his past/present issues. It's also kind of funny hearing people who will ext hole Price's character take a big dump over Kassian when Price had very similar issues early in his career and everything turned out fine.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Hollywood Henderson did cocaine DURING the Super Bowl. If Kassian can help the team he should be on the team regardless of any of his past/present issues. It's also kind of funny hearing people who will ext hole Price's character take a big dump over Kassian when Price had very similar issues early in his career and everything turned out fine.
I say it before and I say it again the Habs would have looked the other way, if he did not broke a foot in that accident.

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
I say it before and I say it again the Habs would have looked the other way, if he did not broke a foot in that accident.

Oh yeah, if the girl driving had made it home safely he'd be on the team as we speak..errr type.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
when do we find out if ZK clears

I'll tell you right now, there is no suspense...he will clear.

Nobody is going to pay, add a cap hit and use a roster spot on a guy that's 4-6 weeks from producing and had the issues Kassian did.

Any call on another team taking him(waivers or trade) will go to mid/late January, depending on if the Habs want to give him another look or just dump him. They may or may not have made that call.

Even if their plan is to dump him and his cap hit, their best chance will be in 4-6 weeks, not today...

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
What happens if Kassian is not claimed at noon ? Will he go to St.John ?

Oct 22, 2012

Yep. I hope he shows up to St. John's ready to put the work in if he clears, which I suspect he will. Reading of the known drinking issues he's had over the years, this would be his chance to turn it around.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Well, if he refuses to report, he's suspended without pay.
He's making 1.7 millions this season.
He won't be making such an amount next season and will be Lucky to get a contract if he doesn't report.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Not sure I like what MB is doing here...

If Kassian's sickness was a blood clot or a herniated disk, they'd give him time to heal and welcome him back.

His sickness is alcohol. He's done what is required to heal. A sickness is a sickness and MB might be a bit more compassionate.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

If Kassian's sickness was a blood clot or a herniated disk, they'd give him time to heal and welcome him back.

His sickness is alcohol. He's done what is required to heal. A sickness is a sickness and MB might be a bit more compassionate.

Once again, and probably for the 11th time since yesterday :

Kassian is FAR from being in game shape.
Conditionning stints requires a roster spot.
A conditionning stint is 2 weeks max.
Kassian might need a full month, if not more.
Kassian on a conditionning stint means 12 forwards on the roster.

I mean, he might get rid of Kassian later today (who knows).
But he absolutely cannot keep him on the roster.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I don't understand.

He IS giving him a chance to heal. He wouldn't be a regular in the NHL right now, so giving him minutes in the AHL is his best chance to recover. He needs to get back in game shape.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
I don't understand.

He IS giving him a chance to heal. He wouldn't be a regular in the NHL right now, so giving him minutes in the AHL is his best chance to recover. He needs to get back in game shape.

I think this is the test for him, if he goes to the AHL, shows he is working hard and keep his nose clean than I could see them bringing him back. I hope it work out for him because he needs to get his life straight and it would be a huge plus for the Habs cause he is exactly what they need.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Once again, and probably for the 11th time since yesterday :

Kassian is FAR from being in game shape.
Conditionning stints requires a roster spot.
A conditionning stint is 2 weeks max.
Kassian might need a full month, if not more.
Kassian on a conditionning stint means 12 forwards on the roster.

I mean, he might get rid of Kassian later today (who knows).
But he absolutely cannot keep him on the roster.

OMG it's noon and the sky didn't fall !! It's up to Kassian to get into shape and make the most of his chance now.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I think this is the test for him, if he goes to the AHL, shows he is working hard and keep his nose clean than I could see them bringing him back. I hope it work out for him because he needs to get his life straight and it would be a huge plus for the Habs cause he is exactly what they need.

Yes this is a test. He could come out of this learning so much
about himself that he becomes a good role model for the young
players. But, of course an addiction isn't beaten easily or quickly,
so in the long term it's wait and see. And only those who know
him personally, could know what his attitude to this really is. If
it works out for him then I certainly hope it's in Montreal, because
I think he can contribute to this team. And we wouldn't be losing
an asset for nothing.

But I think Bergavin can be a real hard*** . And Kassian did
prepare for a long grueling season, with a new team, by partying
all night, and not being asleep at 6AM. They'd need to be very
convinced that this has been dealt with.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I like it that he wasnt claimed.

Sends a message that you have to work hard to earn a spot on the roster. I have no doubt he will be in our top 9 in the new year.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
There was no chance he was going to get claimed. Teams don't just take your problem child off your hands for free. Remember the Canucks had to add a 5th to trade him and that was before he was put into stage 2.

Hopefully he can start working his way back in the AHL. I would love to see him get his life in order and earn a spot with the Canadiens this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad