Zack Kassian II - The Ben Scrivens edition

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
At least DSP never wrecked his SUV and ordered girls to take the blame, allegedly.

He still has that going for him.

How can you defend Kassian anymore?

Is there any proof to support this allegation. I mean, a broken ankle and nose are consistent with the injuries a driver would receive (ankle from being on the pedal, and nose from the steering wheel), rather than a passenger in the back seat. But aside from that, is there any proof?

If he did pull a driver switch, it may give texture to the picture of why Bergevin may have ejected him.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Is there any proof to support this allegation. I mean, a broken ankle and nose are consistent with the injuries a driver would receive (ankle from being on the pedal, and nose from the steering wheel), rather than a passenger in the back seat. But aside from that, is there any proof?

If he did pull a driver switch, it may give texture to the picture of why Bergevin may have ejected him.

If kassian was the driver then this would have been a DUI in which case he would have been criminally charged which was not the case as far as i'm aware.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Are you suggesting a police conspiracy there Colombo? ;)

centrehice

Apr 26, 2007
considering our lack of scoring, and desperate need for a RW, I really don't understand why MB didn't give him a chance.

Obv Kassian would know it was his last chance. He looks to be in much better shape, and just coming out of a program to help him, so while in a slump, why not try him and see what you have? You had already lost Semin, so our RW depth was awful.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
considering our lack of scoring, and desperate need for a RW, I really don't understand why MB didn't give him a chance.

Obv Kassian would know it was his last chance. He looks to be in much better shape, and just coming out of a program to help him, so while in a slump, why not try him and see what you have? You had already lost Semin, so our RW depth was awful.

He isn't a character guy and Bergevin lacks the patience to work with them. So he basically alienates a significant portion of the talent in the league.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Bergevin's job is to come up with the best team and he dropped the ball. I understand Kassian made a mistake, but to me it seems like Bergevin's ego is what drove him out of town. ''I'm giving you an opportunity. ONE! Do not mess this up!'', our GM said. After Kassian was involved in the accident because of the woman driver, Bergevin knew that if he didn't keep his word, his image would take a hit. So to save his own face, instead of giving Kassian a chance at the roster, he just booted him like a piece of trash for a goalie who's worse than Tokarski. Meanwhile, we play Weise first line minutes and struggle to score goals...

maci4life

Jan 17, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Kassian didn't do anything wrong, he was responsible enough not to drive when he drank, no evidence that the ppl that were driving were drinking.

It was an accident and sadly had it not happened, Bergevin wouldn't have cared about Kassian out party.

Unless Kassian and Bergevin had an agreement that Kassian would not be out parting and drinking, it was simply an accident.

Really sucks that Kassian is exactly what the the habs need to add to this small soft team

spot on.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kassian gaining acceptance in the early going:

He’s embraced his fresh start with the Oilers, averaging between 14:23 and 16:07 TOI in his four games, accumulating 18 hits and eight SOG.

“I feel good,” Kassian said. “It’s just a matter of making smart plays and continuing to do what I’m doing.”

The Oilers coaches have noticed him getting more comfortable, and they’re quickly seeing his value in their lineup.

“Zack’s a pretty honest player,” Todd McLellan said. “He wants to do things well. He wants to do things right. His ability to power his way through and play physical is important. It was nice to see him get rewarded with a goal… As time goes on here, I can see myself and the coaching staff trusting him more and more.”

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=44827

Difficult to tell if that's just a new shiny toy syndrome but good on him for making the most of his opportunity. How likely would he have been able to get those minutes in Montreal even if he hadn't irked Bergevin. Not likely. We'll see how well he holds up over the rest of the season. For now, not looking good for Bergevin.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Kassian gaining acceptance in the early going:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=44827

Difficult to tell if that's just a new shiny toy syndrome but good on him for making the most of his opportunity. How likely would he have been able to get those minutes in Montreal even if he hadn't irked Bergevin. Not likely. We'll see how well he holds up over the rest of the season. For now, not looking good for Bergevin.

...I'm really pulling for Zack and hope he keeps clean, sober, and playing his game...good for him...:handclap:

...we should really trade for a player like Kassian; a player like that would really help our lineup...

:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad