Zack Kassian II - The Ben Scrivens edition

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
Now I hope
the Habs give him a genuine chance to play his way back into the NHL.

This, exactly.
He now has the chance he needs. I do so hope he receives some kind of guidance down there and not simply left to his own devices. Because this next part is the hardest part. The very hardest part...

Good luck Zack.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Therrien is right on that one, though. Kassian has to work his way up in order to deserve a look in the NHL.

If (and that's a bigass if) Kassian tears it up in the AHL, going on a long streak of PPG and dominant play, then I think he deserves a chance in the NHL.

So let's wait and see before criticizing management on that one. They handled the situation perfectly so far and it seems they do everything they can to help Kassian.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Cool, he'll have 10 days to work on getting in shape, learning the system ... and by next game we will have to large bodies in the Ice Cap's lineup. Should be interesting.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Dude should be able to rip up the AHL. I get he hasn't played in awhile but if he can't put up a good showing there then he's a goner

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I agree with the sentiment that he should be given a chance to work his way back up. The ball is in his court.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
"Good thing to keep him away from the alcohol lifestyle of Montreal. Where did they assign him again?"

"Newfoundland."

:amazed:

Just kidding, good luck to him! Hopefully he takes full advantage of this chance!

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
"Good thing to keep him away from the alcohol lifestyle of Montreal. Where did they assign him again?"

"Newfoundland."

:amazed:

Just kidding, good luck to him! Hopefully he takes full advantage of this chance!

Actually in Saint-John's since there's nothing to do there's this street called George Street.. let's hope Kassian stays the hell out of there :laugh:

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Him playing in the AHL is absolutely great. He's going to get back his timing and confidence, and he'll do it far away from the Montreal spotlight. If he sucks in the AHL, then we don't want him in the big club anyway, so who cares? If he tears it up, then it's great preparation and we can promote him after a few weeks, say. There's no pressure and there's no expectations. Kassian is free to prove he belongs.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
"Audition for his next team"
"Keep him far away"
"Don't put him with McCarron"

I don't understand why people don't want him to succeed and be a healthy addition to the Canadiens.

I'd happily welcome more talent and size on the Canadiens

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
"Keep him far away"

I don't understand why people don't want him to succeed and be a healthy addition to the Canadiens.

It's not that I DON'T want to see him on the Habs. I just realize that we WON'T see him with the Habs.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
"Keep him far away"

People assume they know things a lot. We don't know what his proble was, or how he dealt with it. We'll have to wait and see how he responds and for his first few interviews to see what is up.

Until then, all the best to him and our teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad