Confirmed with Link: Zack Kassian and Patrik Nemeth bought out

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It means you can’t have a backup plan.
A trade can be worked out beforehand and just not finalized until the bonus is paid. Been thinking about Raaty and why he didn't wait until free agency. This way the Canucks can spin it, Aku's signing bonus is paid for, Raaty is already in the country with his brother, and I think Myers would be fine with Tourigny as his new coach.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Isn't that basically the job?

I know this will surprise a lot of people, but in actual journalism you look for facts, corroborate them, examine and secure multiple sources, and then create a story from the best and most reliable information available.

So no, what Seravelli and so many other sports "reporters" are doing is not journalism. Rather, they're hangers-on and gossip vultures who would probably not understand the AP sourcing requirements if they ever found a copy of them.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I know this will surprise a lot of people, but in actual journalism you look for facts, corroborate them, examine and secure multiple sources, and then create a story from the best and most reliable information available.

So no, what Seravelli and so many other sports "reporters" are doing is not journalism. Rather, they're hangers-on and gossip vultures who would probably not understand the AP sourcing requirements if they ever found a copy of them.

They “dO ThEiR rEsEaRcH oN dEm InTeRnEtS!!”

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
A trade can be worked out beforehand and just not finalized until the bonus is paid. Been thinking about Raaty and why he didn't wait until free agency. This way the Canucks can spin it, Aku's signing bonus is paid for, Raaty is already in the country with his brother, and I think Myers would be fine with Tourigny as his new coach.
I think if the Canucks are eating that bonus and giving up assets they would certainly want that Cap space to use in summer to make the team better. If they can't use thec space in summer and have to pay the bonus what is the point of the trade?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I think if the Canucks are eating that bonus and giving up assets they would certainly want that Cap space to use in summer to make the team better. If they can't use thec space in summer and have to pay the bonus what is the point of the trade?
Yes, I agree! That's why I mentioned a deal to be agreed on beforehand and the Canucks can go the cap until then. But they still need to replace their D 1st. That maybe the only thing that's holding up the trade. I still expect the Coyotes to try to get 8 Ds on the NHL roster before the season starts and they still can send Soderstrom and Kolyachonok to Tucson. What I'm saying is getting Myers should be considered a positive option, and not necessarily a need.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yes, I agree! That's why I mentioned a deal to be agreed on beforehand and the Canucks can go the cap until then. But they still need to replace their D 1st. That maybe the only thing that's holding up the trade. I still expect the Coyotes to try to get 8 Ds on the NHL roster before the season starts and they still can send Soderstrom and Kolyachonok to Tucson. What I'm saying is getting Myers should be considered a positive option, and not necessarily a need.
The Canucks can't use the Cap Space if they still have Myers on their roster??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They can go 10,% over during the off-season, but must comply once the season starts.
So you think an NHL Team is gonna make a deal with a pinky swear? Yeah Uncle Gary would surely love to hear that complaint if it goes wrong.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
So you think an NHL Team is gonna make a deal with a pinky swear? Yeah Uncle Gary would surely love to hear that complaint if it goes wrong.
Nope, the Canucks could always agree not to do the deal and I can't see how that outcome hurts the Coyotes. This would be a deal where the pieces would be agreed to beforehand, but it may not work out by September.I expect the Coyotes to try and get 8 Ds on their roster before the start of the season. Maybe waiver claims if no trades are available. They could get more than 8 and send down Soderstrom and Kolyachonok as they are still waiver exempt. It is an.option, not an expectation.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The Nemeth one is little weird. He was bad but acceptable. I guess it depends on who they bring in.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Nemeth off to the Swiss league - didn't see if there's an NHL out in the contract.
Good luck to him - I'll always be thankful; he was the one whose clearing attempt in the first home game at Mullett went up into the crowd, enabling me to be the first person ever to get a puck that went out of play there in an NHL game.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Interesting. I wonder if suddenly having to come up with all that cash to put into escrow for the OEL contract necessitated these buyouts? Or at least had some impact on the decision.

I am getting some bad vibes, though. The zero dollars allowed to come back deadline, combined will the bazillion dollars in dead cap, and now this?

Does it mean we’re going to look to add decent players somehow? Does it mean we’re taking some dumps back soon? Or does it mean we’re gearing up for a lame duck season and cutting all costs possible?
I am wondering the same things, also wonder about OEL on a $2 mill deal for one year....I'm not in favor of his return though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad