Confirmed with Link: Zack Kassian and Patrik Nemeth bought out

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Kassien:

2 goals, no assists, -18
2 fights, 2 losses - he’s not the same fighter or player he was prior to his head injury in 2021.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Interesting. I wonder if suddenly having to come up with all that cash to put into escrow for the OEL contract necessitated these buyouts? Or at least had some impact on the decision.

I am getting some bad vibes, though. The zero dollars allowed to come back deadline, combined will the bazillion dollars in dead cap, and now this?

Does it mean we’re going to look to add decent players somehow? Does it mean we’re taking some dumps back soon? Or does it mean we’re gearing up for a lame duck season and cutting all costs possible?

Reactions: ck26

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Interesting. I wonder if suddenly having to come up with all that cash to put into escrow for the OEL contract necessitated these buyouts? Or at least had some impact on the decision.

I am getting some bad vibes, though. The zero dollars allowed to come back deadline, combined will the bazillion dollars in dead cap, and now this?

Does it mean we’re going to look to add decent players somehow? Does it mean we’re taking some dumps back soon? Or does it mean we’re gearing up for a lame duck season and cutting all costs possible?

These are all great questions for our owner and his associate, Mr. Xavier Gutierrez. If only anyone could find them and talk to them.

Reactions: ck26

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021

I see your angle but these players were terrible and it saves us money. Cap won’t be a problem for a while. I love this.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
So on a Frank Sevarilli you tube video , he is saying Arizona bought these guys out because they want to take the next step forward and be more competitive this year ? No more bad contracts etc..

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So on a Frank Sevarilli you tube video , he is saying Arizona bought these guys out because they want to take the next step forward and be more competitive this year ? No more bad contracts etc..

Well, Seravelli is basically correct that this is addition by subtraction, but other than that, I wouldn't trust Seravelli farther than I could throw him.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Well, Seravelli is basically correct that this is addition by subtraction, but other than that, I wouldn't trust Seravelli farther than I could throw him.
Yeah take it with a grain of salt ... he is part of that Canadian uninformed media I always refer to.. but when you hear this along with other stories , that Muerelo wants a more positive spin since the failed TED .. you never know

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah take it with a grain of salt ... he is part of that Canadian uninformed media I always refer to.. but when you hear this along with other stories , that Muerelo wants a more positive spin since the failed TED .. you never know

You're right, we never do know... because Meruelo doesn't believe in transparency, like many of his net worth. We're left to guess, as is Seravelli, no matter how he pretends to be better informed.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Kassian had no trade value is makes sense. Nemeth was nice veteran bottom pair but they are a dime a dozen and think Koly or Kesslering take that spot, nemeth isnt in long term plan lets see what young guys can do. Keep Brown around (like Obrien) to keep other teams honest on the ice. I dont want Crouse or McBain fighting let those guys.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
There was a spot ready regardless if Nemeth was bought out or not. However Nemeth isn't worth the $3.5M owed..
Not if you want Koly to play on the left side there wasn’t.

Valimaki - Soderstrom
Moser - Brown
Kolyachonok - ??? (Me personally, I doubt they have Kesselring play here all year).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kassian didn't buy in at all and was useless. He deserved to get bought out.

Nemeth played at a replacement level at least.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad