2027 NHL draft prospects

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t see why Cripps family or friends or whoever can’t have their opinion and post on this website. It’s not only NHL fans who post on this website. People who are related to or are friends with these players have an interest in their hockey careers.

You just gotta know your place in all this. If you have that type of attitude as the #1 Cripps fan, don’t pretend you are a neutral party.

So if you are Cripps #1 fan, go ahead and defend him, but realize you can’t brute force us into your opinion so be persuasive not a complete homer, don’t pretend you are a neutral party, and for the sake of Cripps, don’t make it so obvious what your intentions are. It’s best to actually be helpful with the types of updates those of us who only read the stats wouldn’t know that you probably would. Gains you a little credibility as a productive member of the website. It’s a bad look for him if you are just like a de-facto burner account for him to defend his honor.

Last edited:

number1crippsfan

Nov 2, 2023
I don’t see why Cripps family or friends or whoever can’t have their opinion and post on this website. It’s not only NHL fans who post on this website. People who are related to or are friends with these players have an interest in their hockey careers.

You just gotta know your place in all this. If you have that type of attitude as the #1 Cripps fan, don’t pretend you are a neutral party.

So if you are Cripps #1 fan, go ahead and defend him, but realize you can’t brute force us into your opinion so be persuasive not a complete homer, don’t pretend you are a neutral party, and for the sake of Cripps, don’t make it so obvious what your intentions are. It’s best to actually be helpful with the types of updates those of us who only read the stats wouldn’t know that you probably would. Gains you a little credibility as a productive member of the website. It’s a bad look for him if you are just like a de-facto burner account for him to defend his honor.
Dude you care that much, I am not trying make you believe that cripps is the best player, but i am trying to say he is very underrated and should be discussed among players like dupont.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I've heard a lot about Rocco Pelosi. A lot of buzz that he is the best 09 in the country and that he is really special. Can anyone tell me how good he is? Any possible comparables?

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I've heard a lot about Rocco Pelosi. A lot of buzz that he is the best 09 in the country and that he is really special. Can anyone tell me how good he is? Any possible comparables?

This is a long shot but does anyone have a list of top 2027 prospects currently, It doesn't have to be a ranking. Especially for Europe it seems there has been a lot of names surfacing for me as of late. I'm trying to keep track of draft prospects. Some interesting names out of Europe that I've heard about recently just to name a few but Andrei Pustovoy, Milan Sundstrom. Noah Stenlund, Max Syrjalainen, Lukas Kachlir, Nazar Privalov, Oliver Ozogany.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
This is a long shot but does anyone have a list of top 2027 prospects currently, It doesn't have to be a ranking. Especially for Europe it seems there has been a lot of names surfacing for me as of late. I'm trying to keep track of draft prospects. Some interesting names out of Europe that I've heard about recently just to name a few but Andrei Pustovoy, Milan Sundstrom. Noah Stenlund, Max Syrjalainen, Lukas Kachlir, Nazar Privalov, Oliver Ozogany.
Found this list made by GermanSpitfire, don’t know how legit it is though, just from a quick glance he has a lot of names I’m somewhat familiar with.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
My Top-150.
Image-2.jpg

HM: Dominik Drábek, Sebastian Taliga, Ivan Gimmler, Oliver Sundberg, Milan Sundström, Ethan Sung, Thomas Charbonneau, Brock England, Boris Sigachev, Charlie Murata, Alexander Milojevic, Ruslan Umerov, Maksim Yakub, Ty Bergeron, Jacob Schwartz.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Brock England is about to go super high in the WHL draft… yet he’s an HM? Charlie Murata is going to go super high in next years OHL draft yet he is an HM…
Because of this, I’ll treat that list as a “here’s guys that are eligible for this draft year” and not a “draft ranking” as of you have watched, and dissected these kid’s game’s against one another.

Reactions: hellwar9

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My Top-150.
Image-2.jpg

HM: Dominik Drábek, Sebastian Taliga, Ivan Gimmler, Oliver Sundberg, Milan Sundström, Ethan Sung, Thomas Charbonneau, Brock England, Boris Sigachev, Charlie Murata, Alexander Milojevic, Ruslan Umerov, Maksim Yakub, Ty Bergeron, Jacob Schwartz.
Curious to know if you've watched these players or this is based off hype?

I appreciate the effort regardless.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Brock England is about to go super high in the WHL draft… yet he’s an HM? Charlie Murata is going to go super high in next years OHL draft yet he is an HM…
Because of this, I’ll treat that list as a “here’s guys that are eligible for this draft year” and not a “draft ranking” as of you have watched, and dissected these kid’s game’s against one another.

This poster has been posting futures lists like this for years. While I do think it’s folly giving specific rankings to 14/15 year-olds - I appreciate the effort as more of a “watch list”. His lists have made me look up and be aware of names that I would otherwise not have been. And for the most part, a lot of the names do end up being worth watching. And @czech does definitely watch some tape/action of young prospects especially in countries a lot of us don’t or can’t get info from - he posts clips from time to time of Russian and Czech youngsters for sure.

I doubt anybody is qualified to watch and dissect a world list of 2009 borns against one another at a high level.

Last edited:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I have to say Pelosi is pretty amazing, the draft is still a bit off but in no way is he 10th at this moment...he is top 3 for this draft...a kid this young who has the ability to take over a game, he has everything to succeed...he is a very hard worker, he is ultra skilled and his work ethic is 2nd to none...he is a responsible player now. I have scouted a lot of hockey in the last 28 years and Rocco is up there with some of the best i watched....through my years I have scouted Crosby, McDavid, Mackinnon, Matthews...im not putting Rocco up with them right now but he has the potential.

Reactions: LeProspector

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Here is a name people may not be aware of:

Logan Anderson out of Florida. I think he is possibly the best American kid but he lives in Florida and doesn’t do the all star spring circuit like a lot of the kids do.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
My Top-150.
Image-2.jpg

Awesome list of names. Some notable players that I found missing and I'm curious to see your thoughts and opinions? Thaddeus McMahon and Kaiden Aucoin (I was under the impression they were both top rated 2009 USA defenseman), Nolan Snyder, Lexus Lidmo, Milan Sundstrom. Great list tho. I'll be keeping track

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Did you guys see brock cripps?
he is the best of his age no doubt, cripps owns dupont and all the other players. He is also a academic weapon, he would still get in havard without playing hockey. Maybe you guys should start talking about brock cripps not some guy from russia.
Think it's safe to say the Brock Cripps shtick has run its course. His WSI numbers are very meager if you're comparing him to what Dupont did last year playing a year up. He's not even top in scoring compared to other 2009 D at the tournament.

He's not the only one struggling though. Seems like all the puck prep superstars, ahem I mean customers, are nowhere to be found on the top scorers list.

Fitzhenry cream of the crop. Cover making a good case that he is the best Mount forward, he showed it at nationals too, and Dicunzolo showing he has been held back at Shattuck. Kid is very, very good.

Liam Pue from BC showing amazing talent playing a year up.

Honestly, that list of US kids looks way off
It's really bad in my opinion.

Awesome list of names. Some notable players that I found missing and I'm curious to see your thoughts and opinions? Thaddeus McMahon and Kaiden Aucoin (I was under the impression they were both top rated 2009 USA defenseman), Nolan Snyder, Lexus Lidmo, Milan Sundstrom. Great list tho. I'll be keeping track
The Chicago boys and Snyder all great players. Definitely should be somewhere on the list. Lot of kids not listed who should be there that are crushing it at WSI right now.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Here is a name people may not be aware of:

Logan Anderson out of Florida. I think he is possibly the best American kid but he lives in Florida and doesn’t do the all star spring circuit like a lot of the kids do.
Don't know Logan but I can ask my friend who coaches at Alliance about him. Lot of kids whose parents don't chase the hype stay unknown for a while, but this year at national camp they will get a chance to shine.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
I accept sound criticism, primarily regarding England. I thought that Edge School was already too widely represented: Doufur, Hilderman, Bouchard, but was embarrassed to add anyone else. That's why Halat and England didn't make it. England, of course, could have been allocated a place... About the same situation is in Northern Alberta Xtreme. Enter: Bryks, Wright and Chorney. Wasyluk also looked good. And of course we could add John - he shone in the final. But i took into account his short stature and did not take risks.
I watched Chicago Mission games, of course. I first noticed Hmura and just Aucoin. Then I decided to leave only Hmura. Then I cut it down, too, since a lot of material had accumulated from other leagues and they discovered their own interesting players. So Chicago, unfortunately, never delegated anyone to my list. Pittsburgh also ended up not being represented.

In general, if you’re interested, my North American leagues were represented in the following proportion:
14uaaa - 14
csshlu15 - 9
allianceu15 - 7
qm15aaae - 7
gthlu15 - 6
15uaaa - 6
csshlu18 - 3
aehlu15 - 3
gthlu16 - 3
csshlu17 - 2
One by one: u16aaa, qm18aaa, mu18hl, ushs-mn, 16uaaa, allianceu16, heou15, nepack15u, waaau15, nbu15mhl, smaaahlu18, aehlu18, rseqm18d1, omhau16
Last year, when I compiled the list of draft-26, the number of players by league was distributed as follows:
csshlu15 - 10
14uaaa - 9
allianceu15 - 7
qm15aaae - 6
gthlu15 - 6
15uaaa - 6
aehlu15 - 4
allianceu16 - 4
csshlu18 - 4
gthlu16 - 3
csshlu16 - 3
etahlu16 - 3
Two players each: qm18aaa, 16uaaa, hphl14u, nepack14u, u15aaa
Presented one at a time: naphl16u, aehlu18, saahlu15, heou15, heou18, qm17aaa, nbu15mhl, csshlu17, ushs-mn, ushs-oh, sctau15, aehlu17, ayhl16u
I'm interested in the opinions of forum members: which leagues might need to be paid more attention to?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I watched Chicago Mission games, of course. I first noticed Hmura and just Aucoin. Then I decided to leave only Hmura. Then I cut it down, too, since a lot of material had accumulated from other leagues and they discovered their own interesting players. So Chicago, unfortunately, never delegated anyone to my list. Pittsburgh also ended up not being represented.
Not a knock on your opinion, but a genuine question. McMahon last year was clearly the #1 D on Mission. I have not watched him this season because when they came out east it was the start of prep season so I was busy.

I will agree he has not looked great at WSI. Do you have Hmura and possibly Aucoin over McMahon? Neither one of them were remotely close to him last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad