Zach "the awesome player" Hyman

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He’s been way better than brown this season that’s for sure.... Very disappointed in brown this year.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You keep saying he's not hurting AM and I respond we'll only know if we Bab's tries someone else.

So I'll ask how are you so sure Hyman is the best winger for Mathews if no one else is tried in his spot?
I posted how I know...

He scored 40 goals as a rookie and won the rookie of the year. That should be the proof you need. I posted this 3 times now. So either post how he is hurting or move on as Hyman is helping him and Nylander a lot.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I posted how I know...

He scored 40 goals as a rookie and won the rookie of the year. That should be the proof you need. I posted this 3 times now. So either post how he is hurting or move on as Hyman is helping him and Nylander a lot.

you could post your reasoning 100 times and it will still make no sense since there is no way to know if Hyman is the best option to play with Mathews if another winger has never been tried in his place

sorry i was wrong , Martin played half a game with AM , our franchise C popped in 2 goals so maybe just maybe he doesn't need Hyman to be productive

Reactions: 666 and ToMaLe

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
you could post your reasoning 100 times and it will still make no sense since there is no way to know if Hyman is the best option to play with Mathews if another winger has never been tried in his place

sorry i was wrong , Martin played half a game with AM , our franchise C popped in 2 goals so maybe just maybe he doesn't need Hyman to be productive

Nobody... like, NOBODY, has ever said that he needs Hyman to be productive. But we know, as a fact, that he is. And we know that Hyman's style of play and skillset pairs well with Matthews'.

Reactions: Rogie

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

That Matthews Martin Marner line was killer. So it's a good thing Babs put a stop to that nonsense.

Reactions: ToMaLe

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I posted how I know...

He scored 40 goals as a rookie and won the rookie of the year. That should be the proof you need. .

So you have proven that he could not possibly have done better with another left winger...?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I dont have much Zack bash in me these days. He is currently on a pace for over 40pts with basically no pp time. I don't think he has enough game to be #2 on the club in ES minutes but he is a lot less of a black hole than last year. This club needs Boz, Koma, Willie and Marner to start scoring more and they might be getting some of Hyman's ice time. Of last year's rookie crop only Hyman and Matthews have made a step forward. Now can he sustain a 10% shooting average?

Reactions: Nithoniniel

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
When you look at some of the great lines in hockey, the ones that were three complete offensive players usually had less playoff success.
Someone like Esa Tikkanen complements Gretzky and Kurri. As much fun as it might be to have a Lamborghini, Ferrari, and a McLaren
in the driveway... you're life would probably be better if you traded one of them in for an F-150 or minivan. Not only do players like
Hyman and Komarov make a line more well-rounded, they're more affordable. Two offensive players have often been enough to
generate tons of offense with a 'lunch-pail' player with them.

The French Connection. Gilbert Perreault, Rick Martin, and Rene Robert.
The Trio Grande. Clark Gillies, Bryan Trottier, and Mike Bossy.
The Tripple Crown Line. Marcel Dionne, Dave Taylor, and Charlie Simmer.
The Stastnys. Peter, Anton, and Marian.
The West Coast Express. Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi, and Brendan Morrison.
The Pizza Line. Dany Heatley, Daniel Alfredsson, and Jason Spezza.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Not enough of a sample size to draw conclusions, especially given that they did their work against a team that had checked out already.
Still scored goals, its worth another look. Personally I want to see Matthews, Marleau and Nylander.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
He’s been way better than brown this season that’s for sure.... Very disappointed in brown this year.
Gimme a break man. Brown has been a good soldier getting bounced all over the lineup and is still more less on the same pace as last year. Imagine he had the luxury to be attached at the hip to Matthews like Hyman is.

Reactions: The_Chosen_One

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad