Player Discussion Zach Sanford - LW

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm gonna give him more than 1 exhibition game before I decide what type of player he is. Not easy getting traded, moving to a new team and new city. This is also the first time that's happened to him. It can take some time to get adjusted. I will say this if Ennis plays over him I'm going to be really dossapointed. I remember him from St Louis's run I liked his game. Not a huge sample size but he was an effective bottom 6er.

Good idea to give him more than a game... My impressions are from the 1 game he played and he was not very good. I watched the Blues playoff run to the cup but .. I can't remember him specifically from that.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I'm gonna give him more than 1 exhibition game before I decide what type of player he is. Not easy getting traded, moving to a new team and new city. This is also the first time that's happened to him. It can take some time to get adjusted. I will say this if Ennis plays over him I'm going to be really dossapointed. I remember him from St Louis's run I liked his game. Not a huge sample size but he was an effective bottom 6er.

Why dissapointed? Ennis has a never ending motor and forechecks like no other guy on our squad, there's value in that hustle. Turning pucks over, No idea what to expect from Sanford, but it doesn't sound overly appealing from the Blues fanbase.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why dissapointed? Ennis has a never ending motor and forechecks like no other guy on our squad, there's value in that hustle. Turning pucks over, No idea what to expect from Sanford, but it doesn't sound overly appealing from the Blues fanbase.
Ennis turns the puck over at bad spots on the ice. Not a fan. Not overly hard to play against either. Rather have a big body in the bottom 6. There is a reason Ennis is on PTO.

I am expecting more out of Sanford than what Ennis provides.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ennis turns the puck over at bad spots on the ice. Not a fan. Not overly hard to play against either. Rather have a big body in the bottom 6. There is a reason Ennis is on PTO.

Not sure if he is a highly motivated player, but one would think that this, being his UFA leading year, that he should be at his best. One can hope. But damn, probably the worst first impression in recent memory, outside of Paquette

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure if he is a highly motivated player, but one would think that this, being his UFA leading year, that he should be at his best. One can hope. But damn, probably the worst first impression in recent memory, outside of Paquette
New team, new city, new system, new linemates, pre season. I'm not putting much stock in one game. Hopefully we see more tonight.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Pouting worked well for Paquette - saved himself some tax money, kept a sun tan and still found a contract.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Jeez if Sanford continues to be meh do you send him to ahl? Help him find his crabbiness and a drive the net mentality

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Have to say that he looked better yesterday, and with the rapid piling up of injuries, may get more playing time as the lines go in the blender

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

i am hoping for Sanford to provide solid defensive play and physicality. So farI have not seen enough to make an assessment; however, I expected to see more than I did in the 2 games he played.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Was better last game. He’s improving at least.
Give him a chance to settle in and get going

Reactions: bert

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
What did Blues fans say - flashes of good play followed by long stretches of being completely invisible? Sounds about right.

Probably helped that Kuemper couldn't stop a beach ball.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sometimes simple praise is due.

He had a great game on the scoresheet last night, but he also makes good defensive plays.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
5 goals in 5 games since getting bumped up from the 4th line.

Meanwhile, Logan Brown was on waivers and got went down.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Nice to see. He has a rep of inconsistency wrt to effort. If he can improve on that .. he has enough to make him an effective bottom 6er.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Sanford initially reminded me a bit of Chiasson, who was meh in his time here. What I really like about Sanford's current form is him taking full advantage of the increased ice time and touches in a depleted line-up. It's really good to see that he can finish his checks (and take them), causing turnovers, and score goals.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
What did Blues fans say - flashes of good play followed by long stretches of being completely invisible? Sounds about right.

Probably helped that Kuemper couldn't stop a beach ball.
this... enjoy it while it lasts. it's such a tease. he COULD be a pretty good player. but you'll get this once or twice a season.. a 2-ish week run that he plays really well.. the rest... meh-to-bad

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Nice to see. He has a rep of inconsistency wrt to effort. If he can improve on that .. he has enough to make him an effective bottom 6er.
problem is, he's a passenger. he HAS to play with someone REALLY good to be productive. put him in your bottom 6 and he disappears

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad