Player Discussion Zach Sanford - LW

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread ...with correctly spelled name.

Zach Sanford Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

zach-sanford-2020-36.jpg

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
So really we got "reach the cap floor while negotiating for Brady" for Logan Brown.

Maybe squeeze a 6-7th round pick at the deadline, because this guys really uninspiring to watch.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Just another player we’re obligated to fit in who shouldn’t be taking a spot on the team.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Not going to help in the top 9... No hands. No hits. No hustle.

Oh he's got hands. He just doesn't have the drive to get in the positions to use them very often. He needs someone on his line to set him up, then he'll use those hands. The other 99% of the time he'll be floating.

BTW, I think this is another instance of Dorion being a size queen and picking up a player that's big. While totally ignoring his other warts.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Oh he's got hands. He just doesn't have the drive to get in the positions to use them very often. He needs someone on his line to set him up, then he'll use those hands. The other 99% of the time he'll be floating.

BTW, I think this is another instance of Dorion being a size queen and picking up a player that's big. While totally ignoring his other warts.

Good to know on the hands at least.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Give us your best lineup right now without Sanford, and convince me he is taking up a spot.

Forms Norris Bath
Stu Pinto Brown
Paul White Ennis
Kelly Tierney Watson

Ennis is better in a top 9 role and can drive offense more
Kelly is better in a 4th line energy role.

Everything else I assume is obvious to you

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Forms Norris Bath
Stu Pinto Brown
Paul White Ennis
Kelly Tierney Watson

Ennis is better in a top 9 role and can drive offense more
Kelly is better in a 4th line energy role.

Everything else I assume is obvious to you

Good lineup, but if we replaced Ennis, Tierney or Kelly with Sanford, would it really make the lineup worse?

Also, 1 pre-season game, that is all we have seen from Sanford, how is that enough to judge a player?

Either way, I am indifferent about Sanford, the original post I responded to made it sound like Sanford is taking a spot away from someone more deserving but in reality we can afford to rotate a few guys in and out of that bottom 6

Reactions: bert

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
let’s hope he can get it going and keep it going. Too soon to make a judgement.
“ Berube told reporters last year. “He’s a big guy that’s got great hands, and when he wants to be, he’s a strong guy. He’s playing a strong, heavy game right now and his talent’s coming through.” “

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Good lineup, but if we replaced Ennis, Tierney or Kelly with Sanford, would it really make the lineup worse?

Also, 1 pre-season game, that is all we have seen from Sanford, how is that enough to judge a player?

Either way, I am indifferent about Sanford, the original post I responded to made it sound like Sanford is taking a spot away from someone more deserving but in reality we can afford to rotate a few guys in and out of that bottom 6

He is a 1.5 million dollar player I have no idea what people expect out of guys like him but every team has a few of them.

Reactions: bert and swiftwin

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
He is a 1.5 million dollar player I have no idea what people expect out of guys like him but every team has a few of them.

In this case we didn't have to take him, we could have waived Brown and saved the conditional 4th rounder.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
In this case we didn't have to take him, we could have waived Brown and saved the conditional 4th rounder.

And played thin air? I don’t think that works. It’s an actual NHL quality player being upset that 3rd and 4th liners are not out their dominating and winning games seems odd.
Why would you need stars and high end guys if the expectations for guys like this are sky high

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm gonna give him more than 1 exhibition game before I decide what type of player he is. Not easy getting traded, moving to a new team and new city. This is also the first time that's happened to him. It can take some time to get adjusted. I will say this if Ennis plays over him I'm going to be really dossapointed. I remember him from St Louis's run I liked his game. Not a huge sample size but he was an effective bottom 6er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad