Player Discussion Zach Sanford - LW

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Nice Bullwinkle & Rocky avatar. Sanford is a UFA & I expect if he keeps scoring that his value could go up by the trade deadline which would help Ottawa. He's certainly not the fastest skater that's for sure.

If the Senators can get a draft pick for Sanford, they should do so as he just does not compete well for a player his size. Looks like the long string of big players we have had including Greening, Robinson, Douglas. His only asset is his size.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
All centres, although half of them are AHL players & unfortunately we have been forced to play almost all these guys at the NHL level due to covid & injuries.

Norris
Pinto
White
Tierny
Paul - can play centre
Ennis - can play centre
Kelly - can play centre
Shaw - can play centre
Bishop
Agozzino
Kastelic
Gambrell - brought in as centre

I don't know if the stat is true but on the last game the TV talking head said Ennis had won 8/8 faceoffs he has taken. Then Ennis took the next faceoff and got 9/9. Seems to me we should be having Ennis take more face-offs. :)

Reactions: aragorn

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Logan Brown already has more goals with St. Louis in 3 games played than he did in 30 games in Ottawa o_O
and has looked really good doing it. while he'll never be a true PF, he has been engaged physically, works in scrums on the boards, passes really well and skates better than advertised. been a nice surprise

and showed some sick hands on that SO goal

Reactions: TkachukNorrisFacts

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
and has looked really good doing it. while he'll never be a true PF, he has been engaged physically, works in scrums on the boards, passes really well and skates better than advertised. been a nice surprise

and showed some sick hands on that SO goal

Between L. Brown (plus draft pick) and Sanford, I would prefer Brown and the draft pick.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't know if the stat is true but on the last game the TV talking head said Ennis had won 8/8 faceoffs he has taken. Then Ennis took the next faceoff and got 9/9. Seems to me we should be having Ennis take more face-offs. :)

I just checked the stats and Ennis is at about 91% in FOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad