Zach (lightning rod) Hyman thread: love him or hate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
That justifies him being in the nhl, not on the top line, to me of course.

Babcock hasnt realized it yet, unfortunately.

I think Babcock sees our best line perform every day. If anyone understands their effectiveness, it's the coach.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
tbh he probably has.

but now he's just being stubborn.

We have one of the most potent, well balanced lineups in the entire league. Stubborn has nothing to do with it. He's being smart and letting them continue to flourish.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
After the PK it's great cuz we get to see different lines. Hyman on the bench and marleau with Matthews= a goal.
Impossible to prove but I doubt Hyman finishes that chance.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I think Babcock sees our best line perform every day. If anyone understands their effectiveness, it's the coach.
And they may be more effective with a better player on that line

ab77640749e6b1e837092844e3969efa.jpg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We have one of the most potent, well balanced lineups in the entire league. Stubborn has nothing to do with it. He's being smart and letting them continue to flourish.

nah, he knows better. he knows brown is wasted on the 4th line, and is better than hyman. the switch will happen eventually.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I think babcock also saw that line score 2 goals in the handful of shifts they had with Hyman sitting on the bench after a pk.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
And they may be more effective with a better player on that line

ab77640749e6b1e837092844e3969efa.jpg

But why switch when your 3 scoring lines are humming along? Goals by all 3 lines, and great jam from the 4th line when called upon? Coming off a game where we put up 7 goals, and the scoring was spread out the way it was....

Yeah, I don't see tinkering coming. Let what works carry the team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
But why switch when your 3 scoring lines are humming along? Goals by all 3 lines, and great jam from the 4th line when called upon? Coming off a game where we put up 7 goals, and the scoring was spread out the way it was....

It's not about what works, it's about what may or may not work better.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'll preface this again by saying I think Hyman is a useful piece for the team.

With that said, any line with talent like Matthews and Nylander on it is going to thrive. Babcock is right that he doesn't exactly get in the way of the other two, but that's not the same thing as him being an integral part of the line's effectiveness.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

I understand the logic, but I personally dont subscribe to it. I feel like if you think something can make you better, you do it. If it doesnt work out, oh well. I think it would make the line better, babcock evidently doesnt.

I agree, I also dont see change coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad