yzerman presser 2:30 today

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is all true, however it is hard to directly compare a top-5 pick who scored over a PPG in his first two seasons to a mid 1st rounder who hasn't eclipsed the PPG mark in his career, yet.

I understand that the Wings can't keep playing without a captain in perpetuity till they find the perfect guy, but in my opinion Larkin has a lot of work to do to earn that C, assuming he gets it.

There is no PPG level to determine a captain! Also, it is much harder nowadays to pick up a pt a game than now, and I say that as someone who defends the 90s a lot.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There is no PPG level to determine a captain! Also, it is much harder nowadays to pick up a pt a game than now, and I say that as someone who defends the 90s a lot.
There are many ways to determine a captain. Being one of the best producers on the team absolutely helps, because you can back up what you request of your teammates on the score sheet.

Do you think Yzerman was given the C just because of his supposed leadership skills, and that his ability wasn't a factor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad