yzerman presser 2:30 today

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Was this previously scheduled for another "we already knew this" kind of update, or might this be something new, like talk of the C or a trade brewing?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
The usage of the phrase "taxi squad" made me Google that TV show "Taxi" from the late 70s, haha.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The usage of the phrase "taxi squad" made me Google that TV show "Taxi" from the late 70s, haha.
Remember Christopher Lloyd as The Reverend Jim "Iggy" Ignatowski. He & Andy Kaufmann (Latka Gravas) made that show.

upload_2020-12-22_15-46-14.png

then later as a Klingon commander in ST3, Uncle Fester etc.
upload_2020-12-22_15-48-49.png

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hmm. This is really going to hurt Seider's chances at being named captain.

Don't lose hope yet! There was another tweet about not having determined how to announce the new captain yet.

Seider can be the facetime or zoom meeting captain. It's a crazy world we're living in right now.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
At this point I hope they decide not to make Larkin Captain. He's not elite. Last season he definitely took backseat a lot of nights to Bert for on ice leadership. And honestly "he's from Detroit" angle doesn't really ring true for me.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
At this point I hope they decide not to make Larkin Captain. He's not elite. Last season he definitely took backseat a lot of nights to Bert for on ice leadership. And honestly "he's from Detroit" angle doesn't really ring true for me.

There are a lot of non elite captains in the NHL. You are going to be waiting a bit if you want elite.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There are a lot of non elite captains in the NHL. You are going to be waiting a bit if you want elite.
Yup, pretty much all of the other crappy teams with no elite talent, lol.

List of current NHL captains and alternate captains - Wikipedia

The problem isn't having a captain that isn't elite, the problem occurs when the team needs to strip that player of the "C" when they do get elite players. A lot of times it involves trading the player away, and I'd rather not see that happen to Larkin. I happen to like D-Boss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad