Blue Jays Discussion: Youth Movement (Pompey, Norris among Sept call-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
so not the best inning here from Norris. After retiring 2 of the first 3 he`s given up 3 doubles in a row, tie game 3-3 :(

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
after another single Gose guns the runner out at the plate. Daniel needed that since that was his 31st pitch of the inning. Organization 30 pitch per inning pitch limit might have had him out of the game. Lets hope he can settle down.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
WTF is this? You try to go for it for 2 years and then start ANOTHER rebuild?

I don't know if adding more payroll to the current team is the answer, either. A top 10 payroll team (both this year and last year) should be able to make the playoffs.

So if you are not making the playoffs, what's the point in spending so much?

You can call it a rebuild, a retool, or a whatever, but the point remains some of the expensive players should be cut. And since none of us really have a grasp on the potential market, the good players you want to spend on may have to be sacrificed to cut payroll. That means your Melky, Bautista, etc.

looking at this slump or "callapse"
am not sure what to say really. I still blame it a lot on the players. Fine, I would have preferred AA do something, but seriously will people actually tell me getting guys like EE and Lind are not enough?
I am with AA on this one, players just felt sorry for themselves it seemed just because the GM didn't do anything in the trade deadline.
Wake up professionals

True. The Tigers traded for Price, and they could very well miss the playoffs. The Royals, their division rival, did basically nothing, and they are looking at winning the division.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Norris should thank Gose for saving his ass again. 9-6 forceout. Don`t see that everyday.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It was probably a close play that the guy on first didn't expect to fall.

I`m listening to the radio. It was a liner that the 2nd baseman dove for and almost got. Runner had to freeze, Gose charged it and got him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nice. This would also be a pretty big win for the boys if they could get it. No Pillar is tough though because he'd probably have two home runs by now on Owens.

Osuna with a run allowed in the second but another 2 strikeouts. Just noticed that Guerrero is out at CF (Mooney at SS, Nay at 3rd).

mikebel111*

Nice. This would also be a pretty big win for the boys if they could get it. No Pillar is tough though because he'd probably have two home runs by now on Owens.

Osuna with a run allowed in the second but another 2 strikeouts. Just noticed that Guerrero is out at CF (Mooney at SS, Nay at 3rd).

I am finding myself paying more attention to the Bisons than the Bluejays:(

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Osuna with 0 walks and 5 strikeouts through 3. Pretty awesome seeing the two (Osuna/Castro) youngest (19 y/o) pitchers in the FSL are from the Jays. Frederis Parra (STL) is the next closest but it seems the Cards jumped him up there straight from rookie ball despite not really dominating the level. Top 20 prospect Tyler Glasnow for example is 21 (still young for the level) and destroying batters there.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Norris gave up a 3 run home run. Really struggled with his control this outing. At least he gave up 6 groundouts and 0 flyouts though, so that 100% HR/FB looks Sanchez-esque.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
What do you think was AA's best trade? Marcum for Lawrie?

The Wells trade. I maen, he offloaded the entirety of the worst contract in baseball without needing to take much salary back. That's why he could probably get someone to eat Buehrle's and possibly Reyes' deals if they were to be traded.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Still amazed at how quickly this season has completely gone down the *******. Anyways, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the hungry dome.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
This team is making it easy for the Rogers ownership to blow up the payroll really good this winter.

Think last winter sucked when they did absolutely nothing?

Wait until they're shedding payroll this year and free agents are fleeing for all they're worth.

It's going to get ugly in a real hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad