Olympics: You're the GM for Team USA 2018. Who gets an invite back?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Based on their performance this time around who is worthy of coming back? Also consider their age in four years.

Also feel free to mention possible replacements, I think Kreider is a definite up and comer

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Impossible to say, but I'd have to think Martin and Orpik on the backend wouldn't have much if any shot with their age. Jones and Trouba would be obvious contenders to claim a spot.

Miller and Howard might be in tough in net as well, especially if Bishop emerges, along with a wildcard like Gibson.

Dustin Brown appears to be headed in the wrong direction, but I wouldn't rule anyone else out up front. Stastny might not be able to make it back if the center talent in the US emerges. He doesn't really fit into a defensive role like Backes, Pavelski or Kesler could.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Best players available at that time, adjusting for roles and a suitable experience range. Need some veterans in there as well as hungry young players. What you don't need are pure shutdown/physical presence players when all your core players are elite two-way players.

crederer

Feb 12, 2007
Probably just about all of the ones that are like 28 or younger. So a lot of them.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Get rid of Bylsma hes crap.

Players that comeback:

Kesler
Kane
Backes
Pavelski
Pacoretty
Shattenkirk
T.J Oshie
McDouogh
Parise
Stastny
Callahan
Suter
Fowler
Wheeler (Maybe)
Quick

Basically just get rid of the non scorers and ppl who shouldn't be there.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't know, but I tell you who DOESN'T come. Brown, Orpik, Stepan, Martin, Pacioretty. Along with Bylsma, Burke, and Poile.

You're playing on olympic sized ice, and your game plan is to grind out victories? Yeah, good idea. It was obvious the US didn't bring enough speed or creativity. Their system was pure garbage too. Breaking out of your zone typically requires at least one forward being IN your zone once you get possession. Instead, they get the puck, and everyone flies the zone. They need defense that can move the puck too. A Johnson or two, or Yandle, or maybe even a Leddy would have been a welcome change to that defense that just couldn't move the puck out of their zone or make a nice clean pass to the forwards.

nwaZ*

I don't know, but I tell you who DOESN'T come. Brown, Orpik, Stepan, Martin, Pacioretty. Along with Bylsma, Burke, and Poile.

You're playing on olympic sized ice, and your game plan is to grind out victories? Yeah, good idea. It was obvious the US didn't bring enough speed or creativity. Their system was pure garbage too. Breaking out of your zone typically requires at least one forward being IN your zone once you get possession. Instead, they get the puck, and everyone flies the zone. They need defense that can move the puck too. A Johnson or two, or Yandle, or maybe even a Leddy would have been a welcome change to that defense that just couldn't move the puck out of their zone or make a nice clean pass to the forwards.

Unbelievable that an internet poster understand these things but not Bylsma. Good post!:handclap:

Like I said in the thread about Bylsma, Lavy would've suit the bigger ice better with his system. But then again, I think the US lacked skill anyway upfront.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Get rid of Bylsma hes crap.

Players that comeback:

Kesler
Kane
Backes
Pavelski
Pacoretty
Shattenkirk
T.J Oshie
McDouogh
Parise
Stastny
Callahan
Suter
Fowler
Wheeler (Maybe)
Quick

Basically just get rid of the non scorers and ppl who shouldn't be there.

Kessel?

SchultzSquared*

Ryan-Pavelski-Kane
JVR-Galchenyuk-Kessel
Saad-Backes-Okposo
Pacioretty-Kesler-Wheeler
Stastny Callahan

McDonagh-Jones
Suter-Byfuglien
Yandle-Trouba
Faulk

Quick