Post-Game Talk: You're Lehtonen too many goals: Pens - 5, Stars - 1

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
+Zatkoff - beating Turd Ferguson in save % now. Hilarious because he is a true journeyman. Worse than Vokoun by a fair bit. A bit better than Johnson's second year, but worse than his first year. Worst than Conklin's run easily.

But still putting up better numbers then Fleury. In a year that Fleury's fan boy brigade would consider "good". How in the world does that happen LOL?

We all know whats coming in April.. best to have a sense of humor about it. It will hurt less.

Current goalie sv% splits (Total/EV/PK):

Fleury - .916/.918/.914
Zatkoff - .918/.920/.918

Michael8771*

Actually, they're complaining only about 1 player who wasn't there.
Under those circumstances who cares? Or more accurately who should care? All we needed to do is milk the clock.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
At least a dozen odd man breaks, including two or three time they got behind the defense with a 5-1 lead.

Playing just the type of hockey that will get them bounced in the playoffs when the games will be much tighter, both played and reffed.

But it is a 5-1 win!

Someone remind me what they brought Jacques Martin in for again? Because I no longer have a clue what the reason would be.

Michael8771*

Also standard in a 5-1 game. It was 33-32 final after being 21-18 Pens after 2.

Some big stretches looking for negatives in here.
Agreed, I understand this wasn't a masterpiece but damn some people just have to rip the team a part even after a win.:shakehead

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
I think we'll turn that trend around if Letang ever comes back. Assuming he comes back and plays like he can

Letang being out has definitely hurt our possession time. I still doubt that Letang can be 100 percent if he plays, because he wasn't even showing that when he was playing. Getting rid of Adams and Glass would help, too, but. . .

I'm curious to know how much of a risk Letang is taking by coming bak so soon. Typically when blood thinners are involved I would think you're looking at a longer recovery time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At least a dozen odd man breaks, including two or three time they got behind the defense with a 5-1 lead.

Playing just the type of hockey that will get them bounced in the playoffs when the games will be much tighter, both played and reffed.

But it is a 5-1 win!

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Zatkoff > Fleury?

Zatkoff is an average backup. Probably closer to the AHL then the NHL.

Fleury is just that bad. He has never gotten consistently over 92 on his save %. Nearly every backup who plays in Pittsburgh has beaten him in save %. Vokoun beat him or tied him in shutouts too... despite playing 1/3 of the games.

People really are delusional about how good he is.. Its beyond bizarre. Come April we are going to get another rude awakening. I hope this time the team gets the message. They missed the boat on Ryan Miller. They really can't miss the next one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol...poor Goose.

acUfkYs.png

Michael8771*

Would've been nice to see him get a shot at the HT.
Would be even nicer to possibly prevent a needless injury in a circumstance that his services weren't or aren't necessary. The Stars were down by four, no need to rub their faces in it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Zatkoff is an average backup. Probably closer to the AHL then the NHL.

Fleury is just that bad. He has never gotten consistently over 92 on his save %. Nearly every backup who plays in Pittsburgh has beaten him in save %. Vokoun beat him or tied him in shutouts too... despite playing 1/3 of the games.

People really are delusional about how good he is.. Its beyond bizarre. Come April we are going to get another rude awakening. I hope this time the team gets the message. They missed the boat on Ryan Miller. They really can't miss the next one.

The wrong is strong with this one.

Z3nuUG0.jpg

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
Jussi looked terrible again tonight. I wonder if Dan has the balls to try Beau in that spot when he's back?

All in all a decent effort. But they were careless in the D-Zone and allowed way too many odd man breaks. That needs to be addressed.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
After this weekend, a win at least keeps the team in better spirits. Still need to mesh Bennett on what line he can play on. We all know the line we want, but Bylsma is just a tool when it comes to the obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00