Your UFA Wishlist

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I remember when Burke was GM he was off somewhere with the Military Troops and some Leaf brass were camping outside Brad Richards house...is that still a thing???

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I remember when Burke was GM he was off somewhere with the Military Troops and some Leaf brass were camping outside Brad Richards house...is that still a thing???
Treliving outside of Bertuzzi's house

1688153508649.png

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
One of Mayfield, Soucy, Graves would fill a need. Maybe Hamonic.

Connor Brown seems like a good candidate to take a discounted 1 year contract.
Yep, would love one of those 3 D if it’s not an unreal Jeff Finger like overpayment. I’ll toss Dumoulin in there, big and a good pro

For forwards, Comtois and McCleod would be fantastic. Would also take a short term run at Patches for 1LW so Knies could play with Tavares and Nylander

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Players I'm interested in:

Matt Duchene
Connor Brown
Garnett Hathaway
Max Pacioretty
Conor Sheary
Daniel Sprong
Evan Rodrigues
Carson Soucy
Luke Schenn
Noel Acciari

Reactions: Gallagbi

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
My wishlist....

Kane
Bertuzzi
Toews
Schenn

I wonder if Toews and Kane may have interest in playing on the same team again? Realistically, the leafs are competitive. Adding the missing elements may get them over the hump.

I think we need Bertuzzi as the new Bunting and I think Schenn fit nicely. Would be a shame not to extend him.

No idea how to make it work cap wise, I guess if BT can make Brodie and Murray disappear. Maybe Kane and Toews take a short term deal at reasonable money to play together.

Reactions: banks

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
My wishlist....

Kane
Bertuzzi
Toews
Schenn

I wonder if Toews and Kane may have interest in playing on the same team again? Realistically, the leafs are competitive. Adding the missing elements may get them over the hump.

I think we need Bertuzzi as the new Bunting and I think Schenn fit nicely. Would be a shame not to extend him.

No idea how to make it work cap wise, I guess if BT can make Brodie and Murray disappear. Maybe Kane and Toews take a short term deal at reasonable money to play together.
Not sure they can afford bertuzzi. Kane and Toews are cooked as well. Pigman and stick boy will make sure we have nothing left to spend on anything decent

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Not sure they can afford bertuzzi. Kane and Toews are cooked as well. Pigman and stick boy will make sure we have nothing left to spend on anything decent
I dont know, i think kane definitely has another few seasons. He put up points last year. Playing with matthews or tavares i am sure he would be fine. I think toews did ok as well. I think on a 2 year deal at reasonable amount he would be fine.

As for bertuzzi, i know a long shot but i think he is the player we need. He would be an upgrade on bunting and give us some sandpaper.

As long as we dont sign holl, kerfoot and more of the same nonesense we should be ok. Would be fun to make a splash though 😀

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
I want no more of these soft pu- - ssy players just get some players that want to win that has some guts and that arn’t going to be pushed around because they will stand up for their teammates try that again clark gilmore that type of players they are out there. And for the love of christ get a coach that can coach because this one can’t

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I dont know, i think kane definitely has another few seasons. He put up points last year. Playing with matthews or tavares i am sure he would be fine
I would really be concerned if his surgery was similar to the one Backstrom had. Backstrom is a shell of his former self at this point.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
It obviously comes down to what they're willing to sign for, but I'm definitely interested in Acciari, Schenn, and C. Brown.

Maybe ROR, Bertuzzi, Domi, Miles Wood, Heinen, Drouin, Tatar, MaxPac (1 or 2 year deal if he can stay healthy).

Players that can contribute a bit offensively and still be useful when they're not scoring (e.g., forecheck, grit, or defensive play) are at the top of my FA list/trade block.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
I would really be concerned if his surgery was similar to the one Backstrom had. Backstrom is a shell of his former self at this point.
Good point. I would assume there would be a level of due deligence. Leafs have good medical team.. maybe this will deter some other teams from touching him?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Good point. I would assume there would be a level of due deligence. Leafs have good medical team.. maybe this will deter some other teams from touching him?
I know Backstrom reached out to a tennis player (forget his name) who had the surgery. Backstrom was the first hockey player to have this surgery. He honestly didn't look good at all last season. Very curious to see how he looks this season but he might be done.

Kane is a risky signing for sure if had that same hip resurfacing surgery that Backstrom had.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I wouldn’t hold my breath for any sort of significant free agent . Once Matthews andWilly are done robbing the piggy bank there will be no money left over. We will be a scrap heap team again

Reactions: horner

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Acciari Please!!! became a big fan of his this past playoff.

Im curious if Kane would come here on a decent contract at what 34 years old now? Toews is too hurt now.

Tarasenko would be a good pick up as well as a top 4 dman.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad