Value of: Your Top 4 D to the Jets

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Olli Maatta at 50% retention (about $2 million)? He's been playing pretty well since he moved off the top pair. I don't know why but any time he plays next to Drew, he thinks he's prime Erik Karlsson pinching and trying to go coast to coast. It's nuts. With any other partner, he's a pretty decent defender, plus he has a year left on his contract.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What sort of player is Ekholm from Nashville? I keep hearing our name linked to his upcoming trade.
#2/#3 two-way defenseman, penalty killer, usually on PP#2. Has traditionally taken the toughest D assignments, is our most physical defenseman, and has an underrated offensive game (greatly overshadowed by us having Josi). Great character guy, understated, and has made comments about not being real interested in chasing big contracts (or leaving Nashville). He'd be a fantastic add to any team. Preds fans have no interest in trading him, but having potentially 3 defensmen on long-term contracts into their mid 30s is not a great gameplan for a team that looks to be heading toward a rebuild.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
#2/#3 two-way defenseman, penalty killer, usually on PP#2. Has traditionally taken the toughest D assignments, is our most physical defenseman, and has an underrated offensive game (greatly overshadowed by us having Josi). Great character guy, understated, and has made comments about not being real interested in chasing big contracts (or leaving Nashville). He'd be a fantastic add to any team. Preds fans have no interest in trading him, but having potentially 3 defensmen on long-term contracts into their mid 30s is not a great gameplan for a team that looks to be heading toward a rebuild.

Frick....that exactly what we need.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Samberg looks like he'll be as good as Carlo, and perhaps better. He's a LHD, but has played quite a bit at RD. Carlo needs to be protected in the expansion draft, meaning the Jets would lose another good D (likely DeMelo). I'm not trading Samberg for Carlo, all things considered.

I think to say Samberg is going to be as good is Carlo is a reach.

I don't have any problem losing DeMelo.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What sort of player is Ekholm from Nashville? I keep hearing our name linked to his upcoming trade.

I doubt the Jets would be willing to outbid all other teams to get him, he's going to be expensive. I think the Jets will target a UFA who will come much cheaper then Ekholm.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Samberg looks like he'll be as good as Carlo, and perhaps better. He's a LHD, but has played quite a bit at RD. Carlo needs to be protected in the expansion draft, meaning the Jets would lose another good D (likely DeMelo). I'm not trading Samberg for Carlo, all things considered.

then youd really hate the actual cost of carlo if samberg alone is too much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad