Your thoughts: Auston Matthews' performance at WCH

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
A+ for me was McDavid but that's because he drove the line at centre.

When Matthews play centre internationally will be an easy A+ I would imagine.

FriedmansBaldSpot

Dec 10, 2009
A, but he didn't break any glass. I know he's capable of it he's still young though, there's always room for improvement. All kidding aside, he was solid, he battles, sticks up for teammates, strong on the puck, always in the right spot. Good speed, not McDavid level, but I mean nobody really is.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I hate the media so much.

The "Matthews minutes" on TSN radio is so stupid and there are like 10 articles about him breaking the glass in practice.

Like I want content too, but people are taking this too far.

Last edited:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
lol A+ come on that means no room for improvement

Isn't the mark of a test only applicable to that specific test?

If I get an A+ on a grade 2 spelling quiz, does that mean I can't improve on my spelling, or does it just mean I annihilated that one quiz?

He passed this test (the World Cup) with flying colours. He will have more tests to come, in the form of an NHL training camp, his first NHL game, his first NHL season, his first NHL Playoffs, etc... And each one will be an invitation to evaluate.

An A+ in his first NHL game doesn't mean he can't get better, just that he played lights out in that one game. He can still improve, and can still face tougher tests where the metrics of evaluation will change, along with expectations.

I didn't see enough full games from him over the tournament to give him a proper grade, but I see no issue with people looking at what he achieved and giving him an A+ for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad