Your Summer Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Lecavlier would be an interesting 3rd Center option. Some magical 3 way trade where Ward goes to X. X gives something to Philly, and Philly gives us Vinny.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
1. Draft Ritchie
2. Trade Ward for salary relief
3. Sign a backup to compete with Peters and Khudobin
4. Somehow obtain Quincey, Tallinder, Stralman, Klesla, Salo, or Derek Morris
5. Obtain 1-3 of the following: Legwand, Malone, Booth, Vrbata, Setoguchi, Stempniak, Downie, Goc, Boyle, AKA some forward depth.
6. Do not sign Drayson Bowman

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I meant Nyquist for lindholm,
Or Nyquist for 7, McGinn
I don't know why I put 37th on there

You were told how bad the proposal was when you posted it 10 days ago and decided to come back with a worse proposal? Did you honestly think you'd get a different response?

bluedevil58*

At this point just getting rid of 75% of Ward's contract would be a major feat in itself. I just don't see it happening.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
You were told how bad the proposal was when you posted it 10 days ago and decided to come back with a worse proposal? Did you honestly think you'd get a different response?

That's a better proposal than his last one, his first one was Lindholm and #37, right? Now he's saying either Lindholm straight up or #7 and McGinn.

Still wouldn't take it, but now we're in the same ballpark.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's a better proposal than his last one, his first one was Lindholm and #37, right? Now he's saying either Lindholm straight up or #7 and McGinn.

Still wouldn't take it, but now we're in the same ballpark.

No, His last one was:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=86574139&postcount=580

Last one:
Nyquist for lindholm or 7th overall, 2nd rounder

This one:

Nyquist for lindholm or 7th overall, 2nd round, and mcginn

So he basically added Mcginn to his last proposal and made it worse.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My Wishlist

Ryan Murphy for Pavel Datsyuk and Niklas Kronwall (Detroit needs a puck mover) (they retain salary on both)

Danny Biega and Brett Bellemore for Jake Muzzin and a 1st round pick

Cam Ward, Jay Harrison, Zach Boychuk, and Drayson Bowman for Matt Duchene and Jamie McGinn (Colorado needs a goalie and depth scoring)

Sign Shawn Thornton for minimum wage
Sign Dan Boyle at 2 years, $2 mil per year

E. Staal - Duchene - Semin
Tlusty - Datsyuk - Skinner
B. McGinn - J. Staal - Lindholm
Dwyer - Nash - Thornton

Kronwall - Boyle
Faulk - Sekera
Hainsey - Muzzin

Khudobin
Peters (lol my fantasy team still has Peters, his dad is the coach now, of course he won't cut him)

do it rf #hashtagwinner

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Nikitin signs for aav of 4.5, signaling the end of our involvement in free agency.

Dave bolland asking for 8 years? Seriously?

Bolland is asking for 8 years at $5 million per. In other words, one more year than Marian Gaborik just got. I think he may have to re-adjust his expectations.

As for the prices, keep in mind that most of what you're paying for is not having to give up assets to get these guys. And with the cap going up consistently, the deals actually get better provided the player doesn't go into the tank. The high prices don't scare me as much as the questionable players.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
here are my predictions:

- we don't qualify tlusty. i know this is #shocking, but i think rfrancis may be scared of what he can get in arbitration. we may sign him after july 1st, though.
- we sign kulemin. similar to grabovski last year, i think there's a lot of potential for value above his contract level given his extremely defensive role that he was put in this year that killed his pointz. i think he'd be a good fit alongside jstallo.
- we do nothing regarding defense. liles is 2nd pairing RD and harrison is still disgracing us with his presence.
- ward goes to winnipeg with salary retention in exchange for crap, maybe somebody terrible like eric tangradi. we sign peters.
- we sign malhotra or an equally bad fourth line center.

the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia