Your second favourite NHL team

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Who is your second favourite NHL team after the Senators? For me, its Calgary. I have liked them for years. I love their work ethic, how they never give up, try their ***es off game in game out, shift in shift out, and how they don't tank, like another Alberta team I can think of. They really remind me of the Ottawa of the west, maybe with less skill, but all the heart and work ethic. I'm really happy to see them get rewarded some for it this year. Can't stand Brian Burke, but love everything else about the Flames.

Close after them for me would probably be Chicago and Nashville.

How about you all?

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Montreal.

Having-an-unpopular-opinion-online.gif

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ironically enough, for me it's Montreal. I've grown in a familly where most are Habs fans. I've never developped the hate between both teams and since some of my friends are also Habs fan, I find myself looking at their games more often than not.

Other than the Habs, my other favorite team is Winnipeg. Really like their style, I'd be rooting for them if they'd still be in the playoffs.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Edmonton. Was a wee Lad out there when they were winning cups, but moved to Ottawa in my early teenaged years. The 97 team is what pushed me over the edge as a Sens fan.

Still root for the Oilers, but its been really hard to watch them since they went to the finals.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I grew up a Habs fan, always lived in Ottawa though. Became a 100% Sens fan when Patrick Roy was traded out of Montreal.

Have now grown to really dislike the Habs, helped a lot with the past 2 playoff rounds.

I'd say now I'm only a Sens fan, I'll still have the playoffs on in the background, but I'm not really interested in it at all..

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Rangers for me, practically spent 2-3 months a year in NYC growing up because my sister lived there. Lundqvist is also my favourite goalie of all time.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Tampa or Calgary for me.

But having said that, there is a gap the size of a canyon between my favourite team and my second favourite teams :nod:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Was really into junior hockey when I was a kid so the NHL was a distant second. However I did have a Bruins jersey when I was a kid and always kind of liked the Minnesota North Stars back in the day!

Have always despised the Habs and Leafs!!

Today there really is no second fav team but would still pull for Boston if they had made it in this year. Always liked the Oilers out west but lately it is so hard to root for such a sad-sack organization.

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
No one in particular, but I'm cheering for Tampa right now (Bishop <3), and I also really like Smashville.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
When I was really young I always used to play NHL games as the Lighting because I thought their logo was cool, so I've always had a soft spot for them.

Calgary and Dallas aren't far behind for similar reasons.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
While I've always been a sens fan, my dad grew up a bruins fan during the bobby Orr days. Always had a soft spot for them, so easily boston.

Xamar*

I really liked the old Dallas jerseys and I loved Turco's mask as a kid. I go with them.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Im somewhat of a Coyote fan. Ive kinda been keeping an eye on them since they were rumored to be going to Seattle, but sorta stuck with them even though it doesnt look like they are leaving.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I always liked the Oilers.

Lots of family ties there, and I used to love watching them on the late HNIC games back in the late 90s when they played the Stars over and over in the playoffs (6x in 7 seasons), with Doug Weight, Smyth, Cujo, Guerin etc.

This all peaked when they went to the finals and I've kind of lost touch ever since but I look forward to them getting good again

eggy2486

Hitman #6
Jun 9, 2011
Eastern CT
Bruins, moved to New England, and they play an exciting physical game that I love to watch. I like Claude Julien as a coach, hopefully their style wont change if they choose to let him go

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I've always liked the Flyers. Big fan of guys like Lindros and particularly John Leclair when they were both in their prime. Was actively cheering for Philly when they made their Cup run a few years ago and when they played the Penguins in the playoffs. I thought Mike Richards was a beast during their Cup run and became a big fan of the guy then. He was a PK monster that year

They're a bit of a gongshow at the moment I know but I'm a fan of guys like Giroux and Simmonds

Chicago would be third. They're just such an incredible playoff team with such clutch players. Ottawa should try hard to emulate their style of play for the future. They've lost guys due to the cap and all that but they keep ticking. I've always been a big Hossa fan and wish him success wherever he is. Solid, under-rated player of this generation. I hope he wins another championship before he calls it quits

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Live in calgary so I guess flames but there is a gigantic gap. After senators are out I just cheer against teams more than for anyone. Hate kesler, habs, etc. It is cool to see city get so into it when flames are doing good, went to games earlier in the year and it was much different, obviously.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Nashville would probably be my second favourite, with Winnipeg not far behind in third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad