Your second favourite NHL team

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton because my dad is from there and he follows them. I just picked it up

Also Columbus - back in the shortened season I just started watching their games toward the beginning of the season at complete random. Then they went on that run where they almost made the playoffs, I got hooked. The growth of their franchise has been awesome to watch.

Ttracer*

There is a serious lack of Detroit Red Wings! Growing up in the 90's playing hockey it was them and New Jersey that were always playing deep

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Vancouver was my first favourite team. I jumped on the bandwagon when I was 10 and the Canucks had their run to the cup final. I had become a goalie that season and 'King' Richard Brodeur was my hero. I remember my parents letting me stay up 'super late' to watch the west coast games on HNIC during the play-offs. God, I hated Billy Smith and the Islanders.

Then Ottawa got a franchise and they were in Ontario and not the Leafs and I visited Ottawa a few times, was invited down there to try out for the Gloucester Rangers in 91(?)... and they played the Canadiens in their first game and it was so awesome, and the franchise had an affiliate in Thunder Bay... and I 'switched' to the Sens. Also, Norm Maciver.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Another one for Montreal. Born there and grew up a Habs fan. Still like the team but needed some decompression time after the recent playoff series to get over some of the media and fans. :)

Funny enough, the TBay-Mtl series is playing out very similarly to the Sens series so I get to experience it from the opposite point of view.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
blasphemy.

But I do like Detroit(A LOT) and Chicago. Not saying they're my 2nd fav team but I've "liked" them. I also like Boston and enjoy watching a few other teams play like Peg, Flames, Lightning.. The rest I just hate.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
No second favourite team. The amount of time invested in this team through all the ups and downs throughout the years, I could never see myself actively cheering for another team as I do this one.

I like Tampa though.

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
I like certain players from other teams, but there is no other love for me when it comes to teams. I'm a Sens fateful.

I used to like Detroit as a kid, but since Yzerman and Fedorov left, they turned into just another team for me.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
Winnipeg

Small market, underdog team, up against the world mentality. Awesome fan base.....A lot like my SENS

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
San Jose.

I actually try to catch their games on GCL when I get home from work through the regular season, and attempt to follow news on them. Though after time invested in one team, not a whole lot leftover for a second :laugh:

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
My #2 was Chicago up until they went elite and started winning cups. Their rebuild was sweet.

In the end, I only really care about the Sens. Even if I cheer for another team and they go all the way, it would mean nothing to me. So what's the point? If anything, I get more joy out of cheering against teams like the Habs. I very much enjoy their misery..

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
Ottawa first, Habs second. The habs are the reason I actually really got into hockey because I worked for the 100th anniversary video and ended up watching a ton of REALLY GOOD old habs games, and that was the year they had that crazy run to the third round with Halak in nets.

But I'm from Ottawa and always cheered for the sens growing up and that's not going to change - plus they've been really exciting during the rebuild in general, whereas I don't necessarily bother actually following the habs as closely these days.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Don't really have a 2nd team that I "like", I enjoy quite a few different teams. I do have a list of team I hate though:

Montreal
Pittsburgh
Toronto
Vancouver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad