Your opinion: Are Capuano and Snow still with us next year?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Side note on Capuano - he was on my flight home from Vegas Sunday morning. I saw him as I boarded flight sitting in first class (which I was not). But I passed by him and quietly wished him good luck rest of the season. He gave me a quick "thank you".

My gf wondered why I didn't try to talk to him more, not only was it an early flight and I'm not one to interrupt ppl when they're just trying to hang but I really don't support this guy. I believe this team should and can be so much better than they are right now. A lot of these slow starts and inconsistent play is coaching and with someone that commands a room and knows how to win, this team can really be something. As much as I hope and pray for playoffs this year part of me says the only way Cap doesn't return is missing the playoffs. I think Garth has a much longer leash that Cap.

Anyways, interesting to see him on the flight but this team needs a step up in the coaching position as most of you know already.

I would have asked how long til Strait is on the PP...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Side note on Capuano - he was on my flight home from Vegas Sunday morning. I saw him as I boarded flight sitting in first class (which I was not). But I passed by him and quietly wished him good luck rest of the season. He gave me a quick "thank you".

My gf wondered why I didn't try to talk to him more, not only was it an early flight and I'm not one to interrupt ppl when they're just trying to hang but I really don't support this guy. I believe this team should and can be so much better than they are right now. A lot of these slow starts and inconsistent play is coaching and with someone that commands a room and knows how to win, this team can really be something. As much as I hope and pray for playoffs this year part of me says the only way Cap doesn't return is missing the playoffs. I think Garth has a much longer leash that Cap.

Anyways, interesting to see him on the flight but this team needs a step up in the coaching position as most of you know already.

Maybe Vegas will take him in the expansion draft!?!? :amazed:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

I wouldn't have bothered him too much either unless I was sitting next to him and he felt like conversation. I would have done the same thing you did except followed it up with a "and play Brian Strait less".

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Did he let Strait fly the plane?

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
Can't see Snow going anywhere.
Cappy though, has to win a playoff series to keep his job. A lot of folks thought this was the case last year and it didn't work out as such. I'm kicking those tires again.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Cappy though, has to win a playoff series to keep his job. A lot of folks thought this was the case last year and it didn't work out as such. I'm kicking those tires again.

If you don't see snow "going anywhere," then how can you see capuano doing so? This is a coach who lost 10 in a row and kept his job. Now a playoff loss is getting him fired? He's our new Milbury.

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
If you don't see snow "going anywhere," then how can you see capuano doing so? This is a coach who lost 10 in a row and kept his job. Now a playoff loss is getting him fired? He's our new Milbury.

This Isles team was supposed to be more than 'one and done' last year. Same goes for this playoffs. I don't think Cappy survives two years in a row with the same result as this team is setup now. My two cents.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This Isles team was supposed to be more than 'one and done' last year. Same goes for this playoffs. I don't think Cappy survives two years in a row with the same result as this team is setup now. My two cents.

Wake me when he's gone.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
If we don't make the playoffs (and at this point I don't think we will, b/c we have been stuck in neutral pretty much all year) then Capuano will be fired. I think Snow returns no matter what, and frankly I don't have too much of a problem with that. But Capuano and the entire coaching staff need to GTFO.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
It depends on how closely the new owners are studying the structure of the on ice product and pipeline.
If we miss the playoffs Snow could either be replaced or given one more year to see what he can do within a strategy of near term improvement without destroying the future.

Cappy will be let go.....he is a clown and I am are Ledecky will understand that.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
It depends on how closely the new owners are studying the structure of the on ice product and pipeline.
If we miss the playoffs Snow could either be replaced or given one more year to see what he can do within a strategy of near term improvement without destroying the future.

Cappy will be let go.....he is a clown and I am are Ledecky will understand that.

Would like to know how you know Ledecky will know/understand that? Worse...What if he fires capuano and hires someone worse? We have zero idea the competance of Ledecky/Malkin no more than we knew what wang would be like in 1999. I mean it's possible that Ledecky is the reason that George "Erat for Forsberg" McPhee isn't the assistant GM right now given their ties in DC.

I won't feel good until I start seeing some positive front office/off-ice moves in July.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Would like to know how you know Ledecky will know/understand that? Worse...What if he fires capuano and hires someone worse? We have zero idea the competance of Ledecky/Malkin no more than we knew what wang would be like in 1999. I mean it's possible that Ledecky is the reason that George "Erat for Forsberg" McPhee isn't the assistant GM right now given their ties in DC.

I won't feel good until I start seeing some positive front office/off-ice moves in July.

Ledecky was a minority owner in Washington. I wonder just what kind of connection he has with George McPhee. Ted Leonsis was and is still calling the shots. I seem to remember Leonsis as a meddling owner who was leaning on McPhee to make that trade as well as the Jagr deal.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
If McPhee becomes GM I am done. It will prove we went from one giant ignorant Wang to a bunch of little stupid Ricks. No change in direction, just us getting screwed over by idiots in suits AGAIN.

Last edited:

Spybot

May 12, 2014
McPhee is reportedly Snow's old buddy. There's the Ledecky/Capitals connection, but nothing suggests he was brought in at Ledecky's behest to breathe down Snow's neck.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Ledecky was a minority owner in Washington. I wonder just what kind of connection he has with George McPhee. Ted Leonsis was and is still calling the shots. I seem to remember Leonsis as a meddling owner who was leaning on McPhee to make that trade as well as the Jagr deal.

For all we know Ledecky as an investor in the Caps was in it strictly as it pertained to a profit gain as with any other investment (which he did glean from the deal). It could have been he was investing in cold fired induction furnaces and he would know no more than what he knew about the business of professional hockey.
But when a wise businessman writes a cheque (I like spelling it the British way) for the sum he is paying Wangster, my expectation is that he burrows down to the finer details.
The famous investor Warren Buffett has always said he did not invest in businesses he did not understand. For Ledecky, a more intimate understanding of the asset he is paying hundreds of millions for is highly likely, including existing management.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Fire Fred today.
This is a .500 team and the record shows it.
Of course the players play but you can see the little extra given by the Wings .
No accountability on ice. Mediocrity is acceptable. In other words just play because they pay us to do it.
Where is the love of the game that these guys grew up with.
No motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The team needs an enima and the coach must go . Jobs need to be on the line every game for our players but they all know that it's not the case.
if nothing is done to shake shake shake up the team we will be spending a lot more time in the 2016 draft thread as we will not be in the playoffs. 1 point away from looking in at the playoffs .
It's the same darn tuna casserole for dinner and that is not good.
A couple or 3 more stinkers and we could be 4-5 points out of a playoff spot .

Tonight is the night.Fred must go today to save our season.

And freaken take Butch with ya

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Fire Fred today.

Tonight is the night.Fred must go today to save our season.

And freaken take Butch with ya

Now now...Butchie cracks me up....there are some nights (at times too many) where Butchie is the only reason to watch. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad