GDT: Your NJ Devils @ The Winged Wheel, 1/4/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
They're homers.

Of course they're going to say they played well.

Objectively speaking, they were awesome offensively but were LACKING at a good many points Defensively with VV having to stand on his head many times.

chico's been pretty good this season and does have solid insight... hasnt been sugarcoating bad things

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
One of the only games I didn't watch this season, and the Devils win and score 5. Of course I decided to watch the WJC game instead and see Canada score 6 unanswered* goals. Feel like Luke now knows what it feels like to be a NJ Devil.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Anyone know if they sell that shirt Nico had on in the post game TNT interview anywhere? It says made in Jersey with the logo in the background. Or is it just one of those team only shirts?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The PP is alive!
2526AA83-ADF4-4C32-9AF9-B4B31FA62AD4.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Great to get a win like this one but I don't know why the reaction is so positive - the Devils really did not play all that well, Vanecek bailed them out, and on the offensive end they got some bounces they haven't been getting. It is nice to see the Devils winning this sort of game - they probably lost ten like it last year - and it's also nice to have a win where the result isn't in doubt in the final ten minutes, not sure about the last time that happened but I think it's been a month - still, though, Siegenthaler-Hamilton was destroyed in the first two periods and the Graves-Severson weren't much better.

People like goals, you don’t know why people react positively to a bunch of them?

This game had a lot of weird line experimentation and the line bingo is starting to wear on me. Palat with shake up the lines even more so why try to interpret them *shrug*

Don’t ask me about the defense either. Just a reminder, I was the idiot who thought those 2 GA last game were going to earn Bahl a seat in the press box. But nope, FU Okhotiuk.

I’ve wanted to break up Dougie and Sieg for awhile, switch it up a little since they’ve been struggling for a while.

But while Ruff believes in endless jazzy improvisational forward line tinkering in games, defensive pairs are basically bonds made before god that man cannot rend asunder.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Remember when we said the Devils were a goalie away? Vanecek has give us the most average goaltending in terms of advanced stats, obviously from the eye test he's been a lot better but it shows that we weren't crazy as a fanbase saying that. :laugh:

We lost where it matters most.

Karma for the Boston x2, Flyers, Stars, Rangers games. We all said they'd win games that they would get outplayed in, they didn't even get that outplayed imo either like we did in those games to those teams.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Shut the f*** up you stupid worthless dumb f***in stupid excuse for a moron.

IDIOT.

I wish I could reach through my digital device and clock you

I won't get an infraction for verbally assaulting this worthless troll, instead of just reporting him, will I? :sarcasm:
get well soon

Reactions: My3Sons

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Vanaceck was great tonight. Made some big stops when the game was 1-0 and 2-0. We had some breakdowns and he stepped up big time. That's what the good goalies get paid to do. Make saves and help the team win. Our core guys took the game over tonight (Jack , Nico , Dougie) and it was good to see Holtz get that snipe and assist to help hopefully get him going.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
People like goals, you don’t know why people react positively to a bunch of them?

This game had a lot of weird line experimentation and the line bingo is starting to wear on me. Palat with shake up the lines even more so why try to interpret them *shrug*

Don’t ask me about the defense either. Just a reminder, I was the idiot who thought those 2 GA last game were going to earn Bahl a seat in the press box. But nope, FU Okhotiuk.

I’ve wanted to break up Dougie and Sieg for awhile, switch it up a little since they’ve been struggling for a while.

But while Ruff believes in endless jazzy improvisational forward line tinkering in games, defensive pairs are basically bonds made before god that man cannot rend asunder.
Pairs made sense tonight though play was subpar on the back end.

Smith had a steadying influence with Bahl - playing his off-side.

The other two were shaky but that had as much to do with breakdowns from the forwards as it did with defensive positioning.

The Red Wings brought a lot of speed at times and the Devils didn't handle it well.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
We lost where it matters most.

This CJ guy is kind of a goon lol. It’s hockey, the most inherently weird sport there is. Over 82 games, teams win games they were outplayed in all the time, and vice versa.

The overall game according to this was slightly in the favor of Detroit, but Vanecek helped keep us in it early. Then we finished our chances and capitalized on the PP. Not much more to dive into than that.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Admittedly I had to watch this game while distracted, so I likely missed some key stretches of it, but while VV did bail them out multiple times it also felt like there were a few long stretches early in the game that were reminding me way too much of recent "losses where they should've won": Devils just controlling the puck in the offensive zone, basically living right by the net, yet the puck would seemingly grow wings and just float away from the net so that nothing would go in. Basically, it felt to me like the Devils could've easily had a goal or two in the first.

But still, after all those losses where the Devils were the better team, or at least equal to their opponent, yet came up short? I'm not about to look any gift horses in the mouth, let's keep rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese