GDT: Your NJ Devils @ The Winged Wheel, 1/4/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
literally any time Nico is a "game time decision", he sits out that game from what I remember

hopefully I am wrong

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why is Husso playing? You’re allowed to start a goalie in 70% of the games? It’s actually closer to 75% but he didn’t dress the last two games lol.

That’s actually allowed? Are they sure they don’t wanna get more of a look at Nedeljkovic tho?

I bet he’s happy he isn’t here. He would have been sitting games while Little Richard stole starts from him for no reason at all beyond he was good 3 years ago and has been here longer.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Why is Husso playing? You’re allowed to start a goalie in 70% of the games? It’s actually closer to 75% but he didn’t dress the last two games lol.

That’s actually allowed? Are they sure they don’t wanna get more of a look at Nedeljkovic tho?

I bet he’s happy he isn’t here. He would have been sitting games while Little Richard stole starts from him for no reason at all beyond he was good 3 years ago and has been here longer.
Again, imagine being Vitek. Playing 2 solid games and having to sit cause Mac needs his mandatory start. lmfao

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, imagine being Vitek. Playing 2 solid games and having to sit cause Mac needs his mandatory start. lmfao
I’d ask for a trade outta here this summer if he keeps getting starts over him for no reason.

Now I think we all expected him to start one of these two games, but getting the start against Carolina was a massive red flag. Especially considering quality of opponent and their winning streak, plus us finally snapping out of our losing streak. Mac is a sickness that just won’t go away at this point. And Schmid has been really bad since being returned to the AHL. The least they could do is keep Blackwood is the backup only. There’s no reason to play him two games in the same week under these circumstances. Vitek wasn’t even struggling, like he was when Blackwood first came back from the AHL stint.

I’m pretty sure Ruff has a nasty sick fetish with this guy. And if it’s coming from upstairs they need to get real.

You’d think for a guy that coached Hasek for a few years, he’d have a better pulse on goaltending. He certainly sounded like he did during the post game presser of the Boston game in which he yanked him. But he just can’t resist the urge of throwing him in there. He’s playing with his job security at this point. He’s really testing his job security at this stage.

All this “were a good team. We’re going to snap out of this and start winning again” means nothing if we’re gonna give this guy 40% of the starts or more . I think if he starts tonight that’ll be 60% of the games he’s actually dressed for he got the start.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

FarBlankAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
“Available” versus “will play” is the dumbest bit of pedantry/gaslighting I’ve ever seen.
I think it's obvious. Nico and Tatar are available if you need a wedding singer or entertainment for your next corporate event. They can be reached before the Detroit game. They may or may not play in the game regardless of their availability for the other opportunities. There, it's just that simple. Try to keep up.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Detroit is an odd team. Has beaten a bunch of good teams this year. Husso also has 3 shutouts this year. He tends to be all or nothing... ugh

He will be "all" tonight

One of those shutouts is against the Isles. OK, fine...

The other two are against Montreal (27th in GF) and Nashville (29th in GF).

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
One of those shutouts is against the Isles. OK, fine...

The other two are against Montreal (27th in GF) and Nashville (29th in GF).

We’re not exactly lighting up the scoreboard much lately, hopefully last game got them going

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
We’re not exactly lighting up the scoreboard much lately, hopefully last game got them going

14 non-empty-net goals in the last five games, two of those games against legitimately the best team in the NHL.

November's shooting percentage was unsustainably high, and December's was unsustainably low.

Zen.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If you look at our upcoming schedule, aside from the Rags and Carolina next week, it's basically impossible that we don't go on a tear unless we absolutely fall apart.

You would think so, but the luck has been absolutely dreadful over the last month or so, and there's no way to know if it will continue. I'm cautiously optimistic, but only time will tell.

Reactions: New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad